Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Free Multi-Point Inspection & Free 1-yr Roadside Assistance @ Honda (Ontario, Canada)

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 07:04 PM
Oh look, I can change this

Received 131 Likes on 105 Posts
Default Free Multi-Point Inspection & Free 1-yr Roadside Assistance @ Honda (Ontario, Canada)

Say what? Yeah, that was my reaction too. My father found it in his local newspaper. If you're a fellow resident of Onterrible like me - call up your local dealer to see if you can cash in on this for your pre-2005 vehicle.

Scan of the ad is attached. Deal expires Feb 28/11. Ontario, Canada dealers only.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
free honda inspection.pdf (176.6 KB, 474 views)
Old 01-25-2011, 08:19 PM
Seagull Management

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Re: Free Multi-Point Inspection & Free 1-yr Roadside Assistance @ Honda (Ontario, Can

Originally Posted by DeSchlong
Say what? Yeah, that was my reaction too. My father found it in his local newspaper. If you're a fellow resident of Onterrible like me - call up your local dealer to see if you can cash in on this for your pre-2005 vehicle.

Scan of the ad is attached. Deal expires Feb 28/11. Ontario, Canada dealers only.
The Free inspection I can understand, i'm sure they'll find lots of work that way that will more than offset the free diagnosis. The free roadside assistance though, I figure there must be a catch there.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Free Multi-Point Inspection & Free 1-yr Roadside Assistance @ Honda (Ontario, Can

wow i will have to try this. thanks!!!
Old 01-28-2011, 12:41 PM
rkb
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For those like me who have been wondering about this... I thought I'd give my feedback too.

I took my 98 CRV in this morning for the free inspection to London Honda.
Overall it was pretty much what I expected... they find stuff wrong with my car, I decline having the work done, and I get 12 months of Roadside assistance.

Plus side:
-the found a few issues that were new to me

Down side:
-took it in at 10am having been told on the phone that it would take an hour. Upon arrival, was told that it would take probably 2 hours. Came back 2 hours later and they still hadn't taken it into the shop. So overall, it took 2.5 hours of my time to get the roadside assistance.
-check engine light was on and they didn't notice. Said after that that would be an additional $100 diagnostic. (ok... I suppose that's to be expected... but come on, for the time it would take to plug your reader in, you probably could have got me for additional servicing... your loss I guess)
-annoying young sales rep (thought he was a cleaner from the way he was dressed) who kept displaying his ignorance about vehicles (said he'd never seen a '98 CR-V... didn't know what they look like.... your a Honda sales rep for gawd sake... know your product... even the old ones. Couldn't tell me the price of the new CRV on the showroom floor) and who kept trying to convince me that I could afford a new CR-V on their extended leasing plan (listen pal, if I really wanted and could afford a brand new honda, do you really think I'd still be driving a 13 year old one and coming into the dealer to get free roadside assistance because I'm too cheap to pay for it otherwise)
-total bill for recommended repairs... a whopping $2100!

Breakdown of what they found:
-new timing belt: legit I guess because of age of vehicle, not based on any actual inspection -$620
-replace engine coolant :semi-legit I guess - just flushed it this summer... but would need it because of timing belt change - $80
-rear trailing arm bushings: legit - knew they were bad -$415
-right front upper control arm: legit - didn't know... but useful to know - $311
-4 wheel alignment: semi- legit I guess... -$100
-front & rear brake service: legit - I know the calipers are a bit sticky -$95
-valve adjustment: semi-legit - based on age of car, not any inspection -$95
-replace tranny fluid: not legit - just did it. Actual inspection should have probably noticed that - $80
-brake flush: hmmm.... sure I guess... but pretty standard way for a dealership to make a few bucks -$70
-terra steer power steering flush with conditioner: sounds gimmicky -$85
-terra clean and throttle body service for fuel system: once again sounds gimmicky, especially at that price -$190

What they missed:
-battery almost dead - a test would have picked that up. Incidentally, one dealership I called (Westgate) said that I'd only qualify for the Roadside Assistance if the battery tested ok.
-anything to do with the check engine light

Anyway, I hope that's useful info for anyone considering the inspection:

Bottom line... why not. I now have a few summer repair projects in place and hey, the Roadside assistance is always good if your battery dies or you run out of gas. Hmmmm... perhaps its time to see just how far I really can still drive after the fuel warning light comes on. Have always wondered!
Old 01-28-2011, 02:09 PM

^ Thanks for the input, rkb. Basically, that's what I figured would happen. I would like a licensed mech. to have a look and tell me what I will need to fix myself when it gets warmer. They'll throw a few gimmicks at me which I have the intestinal fortitude to decline. The roadside assistance is a great bonus.

I know my brake fluid needs changing (it's embarrassing actually) and all 4 shocks need replacing ... I hope they will catch all that.
Old 01-28-2011, 02:47 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

This prompted me to check the price of a multi-point inspection for one of my Hondas. $35 for the inspection, plus a wash and vacuum.

Might need to do that soon in case they find anything extra for me.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

This works if you drive from CA to Canada?
Old 01-29-2011, 11:25 AM

My vehicle is plated from out of province, so it would probably work.
Old 02-13-2011, 07:03 PM
Trial User

I took advantage of this promotion on Friday. My 2003 Civic Sport has always been serviced by Honda. After learning about this promo, I thought it was too good to be true! I must say my experience turned out better than I expected.

Took my car Maple Honda near Wonderland without an appointment and in about two hours the car ready. The mechanic made one recommendation; that I should replace the front engine mount since it was broken. Everything else checked out well. I aggreed to have the mount replaced and the service rep did not pressure me into performing this repair. I left the dealership content with 1 year free roadside! 10* experience. It appears that this offer is available at all Ontario Honda & Acura dealerships.

I learned about this offer from this website DealerCoupons.ca

I am not sure if posting websites is against forum rules, if so I will remove it promptly. My experience with this promotion and the dealership was good.