Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

flip a COIN please........i need advice about swap headers!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 08:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default flip a COIN please........i need advice about swap headers!!!!

well i have been slowly building my parts for the past 3 weeks for my K20a type r swap into my 1993 EG hatch......i have some questions as to what i should use for headers and axles well basically the moving parts cause i would like feedback from you to know how certain companies parts were compared to others!!! please vote cause i will be ordering the parts on thursday or friday and would like allllll your opinions and comments een flaming is ok and YES i have used the red thingyy up there on the right hand side........anyhow heres the POLL!!!!!!
Old 10-21-2008, 10:16 PM

Default Re: flip a COIN please........i need advice about swap headers!!!! (PurpleB20B)

I would not get axles that are rated for big horse power.Maybe mid level . I would rather have some axles break and not a tranny.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:55 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: flip a COIN please........i need advice about swap headers!!!! (jdp1978)

what car are you swapping the motor into?

if it is an eg go to autozone and get standard, RSX ( not the type-s) axels, becuase the outers are splined like our cars. 32MM

the rsx-s has the larger 36? mm spline.

a few guys on k20a. just tkae the 2 inners of the base RSX and swap the 2 inners between the axels to get the desiered length of the axel.

sell the type-r axels to some ep3 guy or w/e then get a cheap *** tsx stock header and call it a $300 day

Old 10-21-2008, 11:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: flip a COIN please........i need advice about swap headers!!!! (i drive a honda)

yes going into a EG and i want to buy new stuff just looking for some sort of ideas and thanks for the info on the type s axles and headers i really am looking for the best bang for my buck cause i dont want to leave the shop n hear a stupid clicking noise i hate that......anyway any advice/rumors/problems with anything ive posted here is greatly appreciated thanks again!!!
Old 10-22-2008, 01:23 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: flip a COIN please........i need advice about swap headers!!!! (PurpleB20B)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PurpleB20B &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yes going into a EG and i want to buy new stuff just looking for some sort of ideas and thanks for the info on the type s axles and headers i really am looking for the best bang for my buck cause i dont want to leave the shop n hear a stupid clicking noise i hate that......anyway any advice/rumors/problems with anything ive posted here is greatly appreciated thanks again!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

ya its pretty much the same *** runing type-s axels with the B series outers bolted to them.

otherwise, there is a guy stripped hatch, EG dx model.

otherwise stock k swap minus r-crew header, rbc etc usaly stuff that you should have if you bother with the swap, tune on a standalone, type-s oil pump scatter tray, ITR intake cam and tsx exhuast cam, RBC upper timing chain guide,
and of corse the DIY "toda" tensioner that all the guys found out about.

running mid-11's.

pretty sick man.

tsx rods are also beefier, i also heard that if you have a crv block, the RDX crank ya the k23 turbo is a stronger and nitride coated ( like the tsx crank, and rsx-s crank) CRV crank.

everything on your poll is just rumors/**** you dont need that people tell you need or things that are upgrades. do the swap FIRST break in the new motor, then do our crazy **** to it.

i mean people are pulling 12 grand swap figures becuase they think everyone is dropping 1200 on a swap header.......... which is a RIDICULOUS price unless you're running all motor forever.

also before dropping CASH on the karcepts kit, and the rsx-s box, give hybrid racing a call and ask if they have their first run of the bolt in k20 shifter kits, no frame/unibody cutting required.

if you want the 2-4 liter block you know you need the crv timing chain mount.

BUY A NEW TCT, i dont care if it rachets in or out buy a NEW TCT and CHAIN. they strech and the actual teeth wear on the TCT guys are running ailures like crazy on k20a. w/ aftermarket cams, sometimes stock cams O.o

go for the b series dowel pin trick too, just what the toda unit is, save yourself the $250.

few more things you might want to know are the f22c and f20c are forged upgrades to your motor, the f22c's are known to physicall fit but were never ran.

RDX inejctors are CHEAP 440cc injectors w/ superior spray patterns.

what else do you need to know? again stop just reading ads then just marking that down, thats how **** gets expensive

Old 10-22-2008, 08:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: flip a COIN please........i need advice about swap headers!!!! (i drive a honda)

yea i heard about the new "bolt on kit" that hybrid racing is supposed to come out with but i hope they do it soon cause i need this done soon lol......anyhow some other questions i have is that when i do the swap should i upgrade the size of my rims also for better grip or what.....ive heard ppl starve for grip after the swap when pulling hard, is this true??? or are they just trying to scare me lol...... also when i go boost should i stick with a t3/4 hybrid turbo or what? also i have K-pro on the way back home it should be here on friday so management should not be a problem at all.......
with one of the most important issues can i buy brakes from some other honda to convert the back to disc???? or do i haft to spend like $3k on a big brake kit.....eventually i want to get the huge brake kit i think its 15" or 16" and it should fill my wheel which is what i want i dont want any brake fade so what would be recommended for a fresh K swap for stopping power???? thnks for all the answers guys im not totally stupid at things lol......this is my first k swap but ive done bs and Hs and F swaps before with some friends and i just want 6 speeds, lots of power and i want to kill them 1-6 all the way and stopping toooooo.........thanks again guys!!!!!
Old 10-22-2008, 01:24 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PurpleB20B &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yea i heard about the new "bolt on kit" that hybrid racing is supposed to come out with but i hope they do it soon cause i need this done soon lol......anyhow some other questions i have is that when i do the swap should i upgrade the size of my rims also for better grip or what.....ive heard ppl starve for grip after the swap when pulling hard, is this true??? or are they just trying to scare me lol...... also when i go boost should i stick with a t3/4 hybrid turbo or what? also i have K-pro on the way back home it should be here on friday so management should not be a problem at all.......
with one of the most important issues can i buy brakes from some other honda to convert the back to disc???? or do i haft to spend like $3k on a big brake kit.....eventually i want to get the huge brake kit i think its 15" or 16" and it should fill my wheel which is what i want i dont want any brake fade so what would be recommended for a fresh K swap for stopping power???? thnks for all the answers guys im not totally stupid at things lol......this is my first k swap but ive done bs and Hs and F swaps before with some friends and i just want 6 speeds, lots of power and i want to kill them 1-6 all the way and stopping toooooo.........thanks again guys!!!!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

you don't need bigger wheels. they're talking about traction isues when racing, slicks help.

buy a rear disc swap used. no, you don't need a big brake kit. use oem parts isntead pleanty of stock upgrades.

hondata..........man id hate to support them but w/e

you're looking for a swap header and a turbo? look into how a turbo charger is installed its one or the other.

Old 10-22-2008, 02:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

no brake fade:

10.2" ex front knuckles
brembo blank rotors
hawk HP+ pads(fine for street. get something more aggressive if you're gonna track it often)
braided stainless lines
motul brake fluid

you don't need a big brake kit.