Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

FAIL!!!!!!!! State Ref. Test PLEASE HELP FIX PROBLEM. Test resluts pictured in posting!!!!!! bump f

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 01:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FAIL!!!!!!!! State Ref. Test PLEASE HELP FIX PROBLEM. Test resluts pictured in posting!!!!!! bump f

If anybody can read these numbers and let me know how to fix the problem that would help me from stressing for the pass months after recieving my ref. ticket. So please take time and look at the results and come up with some information as to what may fix the numbers a bit so I can pass ref. and no longer have to stress!. Thanks guys.

its a 92 hatch with a 97 gsr swap, he ran it as a 94 gsr motor.

if you happen to stop by and not know how to help please bump for others to help. Thanks alot guys!

He said I fail becuase I have to vacum lines in pluged in the wrong spot and there is way to much KNOCK and CARBON. He said if I fix the knock problem it well bring my CARBON numbers higher than normal. So what is the problem?

Just found one of the injector is crack so im replacing it, but I doulbt thats whats making those numbers high, just a FIY.

Old 09-06-2006, 01:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: FAIL!!!!!!!! State Ref. Test PLEASE HELP FIX PROBLEM. Test resluts pictured in posting!!!!!! bu

Well first thing, since EVERY category failed I would find the correct wiring/vacuum diagrams and fix all of those, then run some of the guaranteed to pass stuff, and seafoam, through and change out the oil/plugs and finally get a new o2 sensor and cat.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: FAIL!!!!!!!! State Ref. Test PLEASE HELP FIX PROBLEM. Test resluts pictured in posting!!!!!! bu

bump cause u need it. hope u get it all worked out. it sucks worse that u failed everything. gl
Old 09-06-2006, 02:09 PM
Tru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nothing is right on that car huh?

Fix the vacuum lines and sensor plugs, run a voltage test on your O2, and you might wanna replace your cat. id run seafoam, change your oil, etc. What was "modified" on the EVAP system? and was the Fuel Injection "Modified" result because of the cracked injector or because of something else?

Heres what id do after oil change and seafoam and whatnot:

For HC, id check the vacuum and timing, seeing as how both of these can cause a high HC reading.

For the high CO reading, id check my Fuel pressure and A/F ratio. running rich could cause high CO, as well as bad oil, bad PCV, the cracked injector, or even something as simple as the charcoal canister filled up(when u "top off" the tank, it goes into the charcoal canister)

For the high NOx reading, id again check my A/F, cause if its lean, it could cause this. bad timing, lots of carbon deposits(Seafoam would help with this), bad cat, or a bad EGR valve could cause this.

Hope this helps!