Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

engine wants to stall what the problem?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 05:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine wants to stall what the problem?

Today i reved my car more than i usually do cause well it been awhile since i heard vtec kick in and of course also because of the stupid gas prices. I was on third when i reved to up 6500 rpms and i was going to shift it fourth when accidently i shifted to second. how that happened i dont know never happened to before. well anways the car just jerked me back i was shocked that i dont remember if i redline it. i then shifted to fourth immiadately. When i stopped it felt that the car wanted to stall. the lights would dim a little. i then went home and everthing would shift fine the motor sounded fine but i would get to a stop light it would want to stall. mann i dont know what to do could be the timing is off? how about a sensor or relay?
Old 03-29-2005, 05:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: engine wants to stall what the problem? (civic_type_r)

that sucks i hope a bunch of people did see that. i have no clue what your problem could be.
Old 03-29-2005, 06:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: engine wants to stall what the problem? (e jay one)

no one saw but you could say it funny but not anymore and it a 94 ej1 like yours. what could it be anyone?
Old 03-29-2005, 06:06 PM

could be that you fucked up your electrical. check your alternator, that jump in rpms could of screwed it up. check the plugs, rotor, etc
Old 03-29-2005, 06:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: engine wants to stall what the problem? (civiccpedx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civiccpedx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">could be that you fucked up your electrical. check your alternator, that jump in rpms could of screwed it up. check the plugs, rotor, etc</TD></TR></TABLE>

naw i dont think its the alternator. i did a search and it i found some topics which it linked me to this website http://www.c-speedracing.com/faq.php checked under cels problems and it read something like this harmful problems that the ECU detect will throw the car into what is called 'LIMP MODE' where the ECU instantly retards the timing and dumps an overly ambundant amount of fuel into the motor, robbing it of power so that one can still 'limp' the car home under power but limit the driver from causing any more damage. Problems such as MAP sensor malfunction, low oil or excess knock will send the ECU into Limp Mode. So what could it be anybody know about limp mode. i checked my enine light and it doesnt turn on.
Old 03-29-2005, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

cel not lightiing up i did the hook clip on the blue connector near the ecu and no codes. what could it be map sensor? valves? timing? the is at 500rpm when idling if that helps.
Old 03-31-2005, 07:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i checked my spark plugs and it seem that the 1st and 4th s.p. are running rich could it be that timing is off. in limp mode causes the engine to stall?