Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

electrical: p/w, cluster, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 02:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electrical: p/w, cluster, etc.

Ok, I'm completely lost on this. Hopefully somebody out there will have some ideas.

Last night, I installed some speakers for my buddy with a 95 del sol. While I was at it, I hooked up his jdm maplights. I tapped them into the constant power going to his power windows. Tested everything several times and worked fine.

This morning, he left to go to work. Tested everything when he cranked the car and everything worked fine. Backed out of the garage and forgot to take it out of gear when he ran back inside so it stalled. Got back in the car and took off. A few miles up the road, he was chilly (left one of the windows down last night after I tested everything) so he went to roll the window up. nothing. Looked at the cluster and realized it was dead.

Today, I went and picked it up from him and brought it back to work on it. Checked all the fuses first. Nothing was blown. Underhood & under dash fuses were checked & none of the under dash fuses that are related to the windows or cluster were blown (checked everything underhood and they were all fine). Now, he's had a cel forever for no knock sensor (running hondata but forgot to remove the sensor). It wasn't showing up of course since the cluster was dead. however, I noticed that the battery light WAS showing when I turned the key to test. The key reminder was also going off when the car was running which is something neither of us have noticed before (it's always been kinda flakey as to whether it went off or not but neither of us remember it doing it while the car was running). The map lights are disconnected and everything hooked up the way it was before and still nothing. The wires looked completely fine as did the connectors. There's still no power to the cluster or the power windows (checked the connector for the p/w and no power is making it there).

Anybody have any ideas? I'm completely lost on this one.

Cliff notes: wired map lights to p/w. worked fine. buddy stalled now no power to cluster or windows & no blown fuses.
Old 04-26-2005, 02:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: electrical: p/w, cluster, etc. (Dave421)

Did you use T's or how did you tap it in? I think when he stalled something came lose or disconnected. check all the wiring again.
Old 04-26-2005, 02:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they were soldered in and I already checked it. Nothing loose, nothing disconnected.