Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

electrical issue need help ASAP

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 09:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electrical issue need help ASAP

one night i was outside sitting in my car listening to music with the key switch to on (the car wasnt running).. i was getting ready to go somewher so i decided to move the steering wheel down and when it went down it thumped to the bottom and with that little thump my whole car shut off. so i took the key out, put it back in turned it all they way back and forth and nothing was happening. the car's battery is fine the lights work hazards and the little beeping sound when the key is stil in the ignition. when the key is in its like nothing is happening except for the beeping.
there is also no radio
my car is a 2000 honda civic ex
(salvage/ bebuilt title) the wires are kinda "jimmy rigged"
i tried to see if i could fix the prob myself and i hav no idea what it could be.. there are not to many harnesses but wires that are just wrapped around each other, so i lookd for anythin that was loose and i found nothing.. soon ill take it to the electrical shop in ft.laurderdale or if someone knows of a good spot in florida that can fix this. i need the car running asap becuase its hard to get to work and im leaving for college again and i have no way of getting back up there without my car.