Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

EK power windows, window popped off track Any guru's???

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 11:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EK power windows, window popped off track Any guru's???

Its going to rain again tomorrow here in louisville. That will make it the second time my car will get water all over the seats, floor board, everything.

Like a week ago my window popped off track. Today I finally found some time to get up before work (i work second shift 6pm-230am) and try to fix it. I use to take my car to a shop, but now that I know my car and have done a swap, i dont see any sense in paying someone to get it done. Onlything is....I have never messed with the window itself.

So does anyone have any tricks or threads on how to get it back on track?
Old 11-15-2004, 11:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: EK power windows, window popped off track Any guru's??? (murmur9)

just take it apart, there is a screw on each side at the bottome of the track. Take those out and you can move the tracks around some to get the window back in. Make sure you get it down into the channels thats it needs to be in.

You need to use silicone lube (NOT SPRAY) on the tracks and regulator (metal track inside that sits horizontal. You may need to replace the regulator if its bent too far otta wack and your window keeps popping off track.

Your motor could be shot from the excessive friction from the tracks not being lubed.

Many threads on this.......search my friend................
Old 11-15-2004, 11:34 AM

If you want to do everything yourself, get a Helms or something similar. It has helped me out a ton. There is also a bolt on the bottom rear corner of the door that allows you to move the inside track around if you have to.

-Shane
Old 11-15-2004, 12:00 PM

Default Re: EK power windows, window popped off track Any guru's??? (mike1114)

Sorry, didn't have time to search, but thanks for the advice. While you guys hit reply I was outside figuring it out myself. OH yea... to the other lil buddy, I already have a helms and a haynes, nice idea though. Im one of those guys who dosnt take the time to read the how to unless ive just fucked it up and cant figure it out at all. but i figured out that you could unbolt the bottom and top of the bracket so you can move it to get the window back in. that was my main problem, i couldnt get the window to slide enough to put it back on track. but i got it ...thanks!! oh BTW, the tracks need to be lubed? didnt know...thanks! works great now
Old 11-15-2004, 12:02 PM

Yeah, I need to lube the tracks. Apparently without it, the Civics have a very bad problem with this. I know it happens occasionally with mine too. Good luck.

-Shane
Old 11-15-2004, 06:11 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by murmur9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the tracks need to be lubed? didnt know...thanks! works great now </TD></TR></TABLE>
I had the same problem the window was slow and poped out all the time. The rubber tracks in the window need to be lubed, front and back. I used wd-40 and havent had any problems but everyone will tell you here not to use it. The window will roll up faster and wont pop off track from the friction anymore.
Old 11-15-2004, 06:30 PM
KSE

Default Re: EK power windows, window popped off track Any guru's??? (cappa)

peel off your panel. At the bottom inside corner is a bolt. Loosen it and move the track around and put the glass back in place. Make it snug and tighten.
Old 11-19-2004, 08:58 PM
nerd

mine is a little simular, the window goes up and down fine, but it seems that it goes back and forth pretty good

i never screwed with the door before, i was able to loosen the inside panel by removing the 3 bolts around the outside of the speaker

so do i just keep tugging on the panel until all of it pops off? also there is paper in the door, should i leave that alone too?

i am not a mechanic and i dont wana screw this up
Old 11-19-2004, 09:11 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (dj_BUDDAH)

ah yes one of the few flaws of civics...happens to everyone i kno w/ hondas, especially ek's....just do what everyone said about loosening the bolt, put window in track, move it up and down a few times to make sure its good, tighten, lube...learn to do it yourself or youll be wastin money to keep gettin it fixed when its an easy 15 min. job
Old 11-20-2004, 12:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (hybrid97coupe)

A little off topic but I was wondering is there any alternative window motor I can get for an EK (I.e. a little more torque) the motor currently in place couldnt pull the skin off a rice pudding let alone a cold window in the middle of November. It's pulled my drivers side windows off the rails a couple of times. Thanks folks.

- Prob
Old 11-20-2004, 10:39 AM
nerd

i know this is wierd but maybe someone should do a write for this, i did it just by reading yall's advice but pics would be awsome so people can see what the track looks like, and what what that bolt looks like to move the track, i would have done it, but i dont have a digital camera
Old 11-20-2004, 09:24 PM

Default Re: (dj_BUDDAH)

I'll take pictures of the steps I did it in with a slight write-up if there isn't already one. Anyone know if there is already one???
Old 11-20-2004, 09:27 PM

Default Re: (murmur9)

if not i will be doing this later this week along with a valve adjustment