Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

EH3-Finished suspension, uneven camber / toe issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 06:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EH3-Finished suspension, uneven camber / toe issues

I'm sure somebody out there has had the same issue before. I just finished up my B16 swap in my '93 Si, and knocked out the suspension while I was at it. I installed Tokico Illumni adjustables w/Skunk2 coilovers before I took the jack out. I did NOT intall a camber kit, as I had no camber wear with my previous setup (yes this is stupid on my part). I immediately noticed once the car was on the ground that while the rears were perfect, the fronts were quite off. The Driver side sat exactly how I wanted it to, and the camber/toe looked good. However the pass. side sits about 1/2 higher, and the front perches are set exactly the same. Not only this, but I noticed that the bottom of the wheel is pretty cambered/kicked out, to the point that the outside of my tire is pretty much off the ground. I checked the lower ball joint, and upper arms on both sides, they look good and are flush. I have no idea what could be throwing everything off, the only thing that I did notice is that the taper on my axle nut is flush with the end of the axle when it's tight, so i'm thinking the spindle isn't where it needs to be(?). I've never really messed with suspension parts to this extent, has anyone had an issue like this, or can point me to the thread to somebody that has?

(Not to *****, but I did post this in the suspension forum as well)