Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

EH3 Civic Turn Signal/Headlight Problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2018, 04:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon4 EH3 Civic Turn Signal/Headlight Problems

Hi everyone,

My '92 EH3 Civic has a problem that has really bothered me for some time now. Almost two years ago, I got into a minor accident with the car, and the passenger side headlight housing broke, leaving the bulb exposed. When I replaced the headlight and bulb, I switched the lights on, and saw some smoke come out from under the dash (I was driving so I'm not sure from where it came from). I found a melted fuse still in the fuse box, but it seemed like it didn't brake as it should have. From that moment on, whenever I switch my running lights as well as the headlights on, the right (passenger side) turn signals stay on, all 3 of them, and the relay doesn't click. If I switch the turn signal on while the headlights are off, all of my interior lights blink with the turn signal. Since I'm not very good with electronics, I asked a professional to handle it, but he couldn't find the source of the problem. I bought another fuse box but that didn't change anything. Now that I've some time on my hands I wanted to try solve this problem on my own, so I've removed the whole dash to look for some burnt wires, and I found that the black and red wire coming out of connector C925 from the fuse box is burnt, but it goes into the big harness that goes into the firewall. Also near the firewall are 2 connectors, a grey one and a brown one. There's also a black and red wire going in the brown connector that seems burnt, but this one goes into the big harness as well. My doubt is, even if I rewire these wires, shouldn't be there another wire from another circuit that they melted with? Can just one wire cause the union of 2 different circuits? Is there an "easy fix" where I don't have to pull the entire harness apart? I hope I was clear enough and that my English wasn't too bad. Thank You in advance for the responses.
Old 07-19-2018, 11:06 AM
Hysterically Calm

Received 562 Likes on 481 Posts
Default Re: EH3 Civic Turn Signal/Headlight Problems

Approval bump
Old 07-19-2018, 07:07 PM
Global Moderator

Received 420 Likes on 390 Posts

Originally Posted by humantorch700

I got into a minor accident with the car, and the passenger side headlight housing broke, leaving the bulb exposed. When I replaced the headlight and bulb, I switched the lights on, and saw some smoke come out from under the dash.

I found a melted fuse still in the fuse box..

Whenever I switch my running lights as well as the headlights on, the right (passenger side) turn signals stay on, all 3 of them, and the relay doesn't click.

If I switch the turn signal on while the headlights are off, all of my interior lights blink with the turn signal.

I bought another fuse box but that didn't change anything.

So I've removed the whole dash to look for some burnt wires, and I found that the black and red wire coming out of connector C925 from the fuse box is burnt, but it goes into the big harness that goes into the firewall.

Also near the firewall are 2 connectors, a grey one and a brown one. There's also a black and red wire going in the brown connector that seems burnt, but this one goes into the big harness as well.
It was too hard to read with no paragraphs, etc. so I separated and excluded some part to try to better understand this.

What fuse no. and in which fuse box did you find the melted fuse? Under-hood fuse box, Fuse No. 40 (40A) or some other fuse box and fuse number?

I did not find a Connector C925 as part of the electrical circuit diagrams. Can you take and post some clear photos of the connectors and wiring you found burnt?
Old 07-19-2018, 07:13 PM
Global Moderator

Received 420 Likes on 390 Posts

I now see in your other thread you are in Rome. The wiring and connector numbers, etc. may be different for your vehicle compared to U.S models. The circuit diagrams I have are for North American models.
Old 07-21-2018, 03:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sorry I didn't use paragraphs, the burnt fuse was a 10A fuse of the under dash fuse box, but I don't remember which one. I'm attaching the connector image from the Honda service manual

That's connector C925

It has a red/black wire, that's the burnt one

Thank You