Old 11-30-2005, 12:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (Daishi)

That is correct
Old 11-30-2005, 01:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: EG owners with HIDs. Check here. (MugenHonda)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MugenHonda &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hids are so over rated.
I am function over form, so I rather have a fast motor than some hids, but that has nothing to do with this.
Do what you want, just try to minimize the glare for other
</TD></TR></TABLE>

That is your opinion and I completely disagree with it. I call better visibility combined with reduced glare function. I have an h22a in my car and it is fast enough. I think that it is stupid to pay $1000+ for good headers that will only raise your hp by a little but I don't feeling like bothering others with worthless opinions.

I'll go back on subject. I have TYC's retro'd with BMW e46 bi-xenon projectors.

Here are shots of my high beams

Old 11-30-2005, 02:34 PM
H-T Poker champion

Default Re: (Daishi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Daishi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok, sorry if this question is dumb as expletive... but RETRO FIT pertains to what specifically? Taking a projector from an HID car, putting it into the non HID headlight housing?

I'm kinda confused. If you get an HID kit with ballasts, etc, all wiring, and aftermarket projectors, are you missing out on something, and is that not a retrofit?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Aftermarket projectors do not use HEADLIGHT projectors. They use FOGLIGHT projectors. This is why purchasing aftermarket projectors like Denji or Halo projectors will NOT give you a good cutoff, etc with HIDs. It will still produce massive amounts of glair, and often times you see worse with these crappy projectors.
Old 12-01-2005, 01:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts
Default Re: (Hatchy-Ownzjo0)

Hey SeaQuake your lights look a tad bit high. But maybe I just can't discern the elevation/grade of the road your car is on.

Here's a good aiming guide I found for visually aimable ECE and DOT headlights.

http://www.danielsternlighting....html

Or you can save this .pdf and print it for a handy guide.
http://www.danielsternlighting.com/images/Aim.pdf

Here's some info on HIDs.
http://www.danielsternlighting....html

Modified by Outrun at 2:24 AM 12/1/2005
Old 12-01-2005, 01:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hatchy-Ownzjo0 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Aftermarket projectors do not use HEADLIGHT projectors. They use FOGLIGHT projectors. This is why purchasing aftermarket projectors like Denji or Halo projectors will NOT give you a good cutoff, etc with HIDs. It will still produce massive amounts of glair, and often times you see worse with these crappy projectors.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not 100% true

IS300 foglights + HID.. Good Cutoff

Old 12-01-2005, 02:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hatchy-Ownzjo0 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Aftermarket projectors do not use HEADLIGHT projectors. They use FOGLIGHT projectors. This is why purchasing aftermarket projectors like Denji or Halo projectors will NOT give you a good cutoff, etc with HIDs. It will still produce massive amounts of glair, and often times you see worse with these crappy projectors.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I second that - I had a h3 kit in my denji projectors...output WAS CRAP b/c h3 projectors are made for foglights EDIT - the pic directly above looks good...did you headlight housings take h3 or h1???? my guess is h1 cause h3 is crap to stick hids in
now I have oem CTR headlamps (no diffusers like usdm housings) BUT I purchased a quality "kit" from autolamps-online ( http://www.hid-online.com ) which has a kick *** casper shield...these are hi-low kit as well

more pics in my thread here
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=644430

if I could do it over again I would retro some OEM Bi-Xenon Projectors!!!!!

If you are running HID bulbs (kit or just stock oem hids in your housings) & NO CASPER SHEILD - please buy one - it won't eliminate glare but will significantly decrease it
see here
https://www.casperselectronics..._Code
Old 12-01-2005, 03:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (JDMlyfestyle)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMlyfestyle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Not 100% true

</TD></TR></TABLE>

your sig says you are selling your BMW retro fit....<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hatchy-Ownzjo0 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

we are talking about sticking a h3 kit in denji projector housings - BELIEVE ME - RESULTS SUCK I know 1st hand

the old ek ('97) now I have a '00

Old 12-01-2005, 07:17 AM

Actually my BMW retro is sold
Old 12-01-2005, 08:49 AM
H-T Poker champion

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMlyfestyle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Not 100% true
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, but those are Lexus OEM foglight projectors. Not shitty aftermarket cheap foglight projectors. reading comprehension &gt; me

This thread has got me all worked up on HID's again.. I'm trying to find a set of bi-xenon projectors for a good price now.. DAMN IT!

Modified by Hatchy-Ownzjo0 at 1:06 PM 12/1/2005
Old 12-01-2005, 08:56 AM

BMW foglight projectors? lol. they are Lexus IS300 Halogen Projectors
Old 12-01-2005, 09:06 AM
H-T Poker champion

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMlyfestyle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">BMW foglight projectors? lol. they are Lexus IS300 Halogen Projectors</TD></TR></TABLE>

haha yea that too.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I love retro fits... i ust finished mine.. I have a 92 gsr with jdm one piece.... i used 04 tsx projectors with the oem 4300k bulbs... i sanded down the flutes on the lense so the cutoff would be nice.. i have pics... i just have to load them....
Old 12-08-2005, 09:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

to whoever post this thread.
highest light output(lumens) = 4100k philips hid bulb.
if you want sharp cut off line with no glare use a ECE rated projector.(off bmw, mercedez..etc)
if you want sharp line but moderate glare, get a DOT rated projector.(there are lots)

either one will give you good light output as long as you stick under 6k hid bulb. only way to get good outpout is to do a retrofit and you can search around to see how to do it on an EG or you can use your head and invent a way. you can also buy the whole OEM hid kit off a car and try to retrofit in your EG if you want, that would probably work best. but i've seen a few eg that has a hid retro job, dont turn out great because of the glass lenese that came with the stock housing. maybe you want to change to a clear plastic one with the retro, that would probably work better. good luck.
Old 12-09-2005, 09:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (lv6l)

about 2 months ago i finished my retro. i went the lazy way and my gf bought me an already retro fitted pair, but to my shock when they arrived at my house they were in pieces. so i basically had to do it all on my own, came out good in my opinion. im can't find my camera charger as soon as i find it ill snap some pics. the cut off isn't perfect yet cause i have to adjust the headlights and wat not but its cold here in ny now so it'll probably get done when spring comes. jus make sure if u buy some one elses retro fitted headlights u make it clear that they r not broken in any way and request as many pics of them out of the car and see if u can get a date of the pic bein taken so u dnt get taken for 400$ like my gf did.