Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Eg disk Conversion Question ??

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 09:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eg disk Conversion Question ??

I recently put a full Gsr Disc Conversion on my eg my question is do i have to buy a new brake master cylinder or brake booster? your help will be appreciated
Old 03-12-2008, 10:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Eg disk Conversion Question ?? (Intake_Kush)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Intake_Kush &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I recently put a full Gsr Disc Conversion on my eg my question is do i have to buy a new brake master cylinder or brake booster? your help will be appreciated </TD></TR></TABLE>

no you do not have to buy a new MC or booster, but if you want to get the best results from your swap you can. there are a few upgrades you can do, the easiest is to swap out just the MC for a 91 civic ex. the 91 ex is slightly larger than your current set up and bolts straight onto you booster.

then there is the 1" gsr and itr MC and booster. being that the ports are on the opposite sides to the civic and they run ABS, so tou use one of these you will have to rebend the brake hardlines, or do as i did and have a pair of steel braided lines made.

also i forgot to ask, did you change out the prop valve when you did your swap? this to wil make a huge difference since it sends the proper amount of fluid to the rear brakes.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:56 PM

Make sure its a 40/40 prop. You have a 30/30. #'s are on the side of the prop.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Eg disk Conversion Question ?? (philosofy1)

thanks a lot man you answer my question and no i didnt change the prop valve so its that an important thing to change quick or can i do it some other time?
Old 03-13-2008, 09:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Intake_Kush &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thanks a lot man you answer my question and no i didnt change the prop valve so its that an important thing to change quick or can i do it some other time?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I put GSR rear discs on my '96 hatch and I'm still using the stock prop valve. You don't *need* the new prop valve but it is probably best to have the one that matches what type of brakes you have front/rear. I will switch mine out eventually (no I wo just have not gotten around to it.

Justin

EDIT: 96-00 rear disc swaps do not need a new prop valve, they have the same one as the civic SI's that use rear discs already. I forgot this when I made my original reply..

Modified by justinCO at 4:37 PM 3/13/2008
Old 03-13-2008, 09:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For the best results in upgrading to bigger front brakes, I would definitely upgrade the MC and BB!
Old 03-13-2008, 10:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

where did u get ur conversion kit from?
Old 03-13-2008, 01:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SinsEvil666)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SinsEvil666 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">where did u get ur conversion kit from?</TD></TR></TABLE>

bought it of honda-tech member typerman2001
Old 03-13-2008, 02:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Eg disk Conversion Question ?? (justinCO)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by justinCO &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I put GSR rear discs on my '96 hatch and I'm still using the stock prop valve. You don't *need* the new prop valve but it is probably best to have the one that matches what type of brakes you have front/rear. I will switch mine out eventually just have not gotten around to it.

Justin</TD></TR></TABLE>

huh, why, why, why!
on the 96-00 civic that swaps have been done you don't need to swap out the prop valve because they are the same as the gsr and civic si which came with rear disc brakes. unlike the 92-95 civic's, if they came with rear disc brakes they were abs and the prop valve is useless. so to upgrade to one that allows more fluid to flow to the rear swapping to the 4040 prop valve is a "needed" swap.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Intake_Kush &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thanks a lot man you answer my question and no i didnt change the prop valve so its that an important thing to change quick or can i do it some other time?</TD></TR></TABLE>

again, stated above, swapping out to the 4040 prop valve is a important thing if you want to benefit from the whole brake upgrade. like EL Vap133 stated, i would also upgrade the front brakes, maybe get some steel braided lines and if you plan on upgrading the MC and booster, i would upgrade the prop valve at the same time, that way you are bleeding the system only once.
Old 03-13-2008, 02:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

OH! as for the 4040 prop valve. you can find them on any 90-93 integra or a 1994 non abs integra.
Old 03-13-2008, 02:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by philosofy1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

huh, why, why, why!
on the 96-00 civic that swaps have been done you don't need to swap out the prop valve because they are the same as the gsr and civic si which came with rear disc brakes. unlike the 92-95 civic's, if they came with rear disc brakes they were abs and the prop valve is useless. so to upgrade to one that allows more fluid to flow to the rear swapping to the 4040 prop valve is a "needed" swap.
.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yea, I knew that, and didn't remember til after I made the post. I actually started to edit my post to clarify and say that when I did the research originally, I found the part #'s to be the same for my hatch and the SI's prop valve, and there was no need to change on my car...

Justin
Old 03-13-2008, 08:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what you do mean by upgrade front brakes buy after market brakes?? all four are gsr it came out of a 2000 gsr with 65k so they almost like new , ok for sure thanks i'll upgrade all of what you said oh also thanks for clarifying the other post
Old 03-14-2008, 09:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Intake_Kush &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what you do mean by upgrade front brakes buy after market brakes?? all four are gsr it came out of a 2000 gsr with 65k so they almost like new , ok for sure thanks i'll upgrade all of what you said oh also thanks for clarifying the other post </TD></TR></TABLE>

You are not getting the full potential from your brakes with your stock MC, upgrade to a bigger MC and BB and you will feel the results guaranteed, might as well get steel braided lines while you're at it.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Eg disk Conversion Question ?? (EL Vap133)