Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

ebay auction gone bad.... integra DA front brakes VS integra DC front brakes brake swap

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 04:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ebay auction gone bad.... integra DA front brakes VS integra DC front brakes brake swap

I know as a DA brake swap (knuckles & hubs) wont swap on an eg. but are the calipers the same as DC?

kinda pissed right now over a month working with seller to resolve my situation. I knew the 1st set I got were NOT DC brakes... so seller sent a second set... both are DA 90-93 teg.

can i use just the calipers if I buy integra knuckles & hubs?

auction did not clearly state DC integra but stated the following
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">"If your rotors hub or wheel bearing are bad, then this is what you need. If you have done a motor swap lately, then this is what you need. This is from an Acura Integra B series.. This brake swap will be perfect for show points and these then were made to stop a much bigger and faster powered car so imagine what these do to civics and crx's and del sol's. If you have a del sol, this is the way to go. OEM. Shipping is free. It has a little oxidation rust on it from the air but once you get them rolling. The caliper will clean it off.

You are getting rotor, caliper, hub,knuckle and bearing, both sides and free shipping for this price. Auction payments are accepted through ebay certified http://www.bidpay.com. Very easy and fast as i have 100%feedback, just click on the bidpay symbol in the auction above the picture once you are completed.. Local pickup, check , or money order can also be a method of payment for an auction. Thank you "</TD></TR></TABLE>

notice he said civic & del sol.... what about CRX? was this a dead give away the guy has no clue? he now refuses to refund my money.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: ebay auction gone bad.... integra DA front brakes VS integra DC front brakes brake swap (6SPD_E

DA and DC calipers are different (uses different pads) but both will fit the 10.3" rotor knuckle (either DA or DC).
Old 09-18-2007, 06:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: ebay auction gone bad.... integra DA front brakes VS integra DC front brakes brake swap (6SPD_E

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 6SPD_EK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">notice he said civic & del sol.... what about CRX? was this a dead give away the guy has no clue? he now refuses to refund my money.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, he has no clue. If they are DA knuckles, they will fit crx fine, they will also bolt on to eg civic and delsols but they will throw off the suspension geometry so its not recommended in anyway to use DA knuckles on EG's. Calipers are different but will work on DC knuckles.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks so technically he did not lie... still sucks

FS 2 sets of DA front brakes