Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

E-brake problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 11:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-brake problem

My e-brake light on my cluster used to pop up when ever I came to a dead stop and would than dissapear. My car would feel slow as **** when I had to come to a deadstop and than start. So when I was getting some fog lights wires set up, I asked the electric shop if they could do me a favor and check out the e-brake as well. Afterwards they said they found nothing and said the light on the cluster being on might simply be due to my underdash wiring since its a mess. Although Im skeptical about whether they even checked it or how knowledgeable they are in that area.

Since then e-brake continued coming on and there were times were the car would feel fine and others when it had that feeling that it was being held back.For about two days now though the e-brake light is on permanantly and the car feels like absolute ****...a rumbling sound from the back of the car that I would hear has now gotten louder as well.

Is the e-brake in the rear wheels and is that rumbling sound typical of e-brake problems/driving with e-brake on?
Old 03-28-2009, 12:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: E-brake problem

well the sensor for the e-brake is near the handle.. check if its lined up properly, and go from there.
Old 03-28-2009, 05:09 AM

Default Re: E-brake problem

Just check your handbrake system on your rear wheels, still got enough fluids in the car too?