Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

doing auto to manual swap, have some weird questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 11:01 AM
official honda whore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default doing auto to manual swap, have some weird questions

well i bought a 94 teg ls automatic, had blown engine and i lost the key, so i got a 5 spd ls swap, and took keys and locks/ignition out of 95 5spd gsr

the new ignition has no spots for the auto features that my ls had, will it still start up like that

also i ordered this bracket
60831-SR3-300ZZ

thats the 5speed transmission bracket for an ls, and all i will need to do is get that welded in??

and if im using a 5 speed ecu will i have to still do the 2 wires from the ecu to the shifter console for my reverse lights to work??

thanks

brian
Old 05-24-2005, 10:08 AM
official honda whore

Default Re: doing auto to manual swap, have some weird questions (coptzer)

bump
Old 05-24-2005, 10:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: doing auto to manual swap, have some weird questions (coptzer)

i know this has been covered again and again but i won't say search like a bitch.

-yeah if its five speed you won't need the ignition stuff

-the bracket WILL have to be welded in.. the old one gets knocked out. the best way to do this is to knock the old one out and bolt the 5 speed motor in w/o the mount.. all the other mounts will hold it. bolt the mount in and drive with it chillin on the frame rail to someplace with a welder and weld it in with the motor bolted in so its rico-suave perfect in place. but all the other mounts are the same on the car

-you will have to run the wires from the console to the reverse switch on the transmission.. piece of cake

there ya go.. get'er dunn

Old 05-24-2005, 02:01 PM
official honda whore

Default Re: doing auto to manual swap, have some weird questions (MonkeyMagic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MonkeyMagic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i know this has been covered again and again but i won't say search like a bitch.

-yeah if its five speed you won't need the ignition stuff

-the bracket WILL have to be welded in.. the old one gets knocked out. the best way to do this is to knock the old one out and bolt the 5 speed motor in w/o the mount.. all the other mounts will hold it. bolt the mount in and drive with it chillin on the frame rail to someplace with a welder and weld it in with the motor bolted in so its rico-suave perfect in place. but all the other mounts are the same on the car

-you will have to run the wires from the console to the reverse switch on the transmission.. piece of cake

there ya go.. get'er dunn

</TD></TR></TABLE>

well i have searched and saw nothing bout the ignition switch, so i wasnt sure about the wires...

also i know it has to be welded in, i was just wondering if thats the right mount as i am going to order it tomorrow and already have the old one knocked out

brian