Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

DOHC ZC turbo setup?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 09:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DOHC ZC turbo setup?

I posted before about what I could use for my fuel management on my crx. i'm planning on running 10psi or less. i have a 255lph pump and pressure regulator. i was looking at the greddy e-manage unit, but i dont know exactly what else i need to make this work. any help would be great. thanks

josh
Old 01-06-2005, 09:34 PM

Default Re: DOHC ZC turbo setup? (MugenFlaredCRX)

do a search on emanage. hit up the FI section. emanage CAN work on STOCK injectors....but i would only do that if you were running the 5.5psi the kit's wastegate is set at. well now that i think about it...i remember a mod on the site that said he used a walbro 190, stock injectors, emanage and was driving on 7-8psi daily.

Get bigger injectors. Might wanna use some old DSM ones if your running low on cash. walbro 255 pump is a good choice.....you will be able to use emanage i think....but it might be better to use like a vafc hack or whatever it's called. You could set it to your pref with it rather than the emanage.just make sure you get it tuned. hope that helps a little
Old 01-06-2005, 09:45 PM

Default Re: DOHC ZC turbo setup? (murmur9)

thezcr.com
Old 01-06-2005, 09:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'd suggest a pm6 w/ turboedit if youre running obd0.

Dont do the afc hack..**** sucks.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: (SC0TT)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SC0TT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'd suggest a pm6 w/ turboedit if youre running obd0.

Dont do the afc hack..**** sucks.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i second this
Old 01-09-2005, 09:02 AM

Default Re: DOHC ZC turbo setup? (MugenFlaredCRX)

just a word of advise, don't do zc turbo. ZC's don't like turbo's. He put the turbo setup on and about a week later his zc crx turbotook a big **** on him while he was running an ls powered ef. just wanted to let you know. you'll prolly still do it so good luck.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: DOHC ZC turbo setup? (Swapped_EG)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Swapped_EG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just a word of advise, don't do zc turbo. ZC's don't like turbo's. He put the turbo setup on and about a week later his zc crx turbotook a big **** on him while he was running an ls powered ef. just wanted to let you know. you'll prolly still do it so good luck. </TD></TR></TABLE>

and on the opposite end of this, i know someone who ran sloppy amounts of nitrous on a zc, only to turbo it right after. he was putting down 230 whp stock internals and made quite a few 12 second passes before he pulled the motor out in favor of a built block. with the head off, the cylinder walls had very little scoring and the pistons did not show any signs of melting or detonation.
Old 01-10-2005, 03:02 PM

Default Re: DOHC ZC turbo setup? (blackeg)

that sounds good, but my buddies zc could barely hold 8 psi for more than a week. and it still couldn't take my eg. but tell your friend i admire him for doing that to a zc.
Old 01-13-2005, 01:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Swapped_EG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just a word of advise, don't do zc turbo. ZC's don't like turbo's. He put the turbo setup on and about a week later his zc crx turbotook a big **** on him while he was running an ls powered ef. just wanted to let you know. you'll prolly still do it so good luck. </TD></TR></TABLE>

What are you talking about? I made 330whp on pump gas on my 1.6litre dohc ZC. The dohc ZC motor loves turbos - makes really good power. A nice 50trim and a good set of turbo cams, the zc flys. Stock or built.

You're friend just had a bad motor to start with. Dont let one incident distroy the love for the little honda motor that could.

liam
Old 01-13-2005, 03:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

&lt;-- 2 + years @ 6-10 psi and my zc is still going strong.
any motor is gonna take a **** of you if don't know what you're doing.
Old 01-13-2005, 08:17 AM

Default Re: DOHC ZC turbo setup? (liam821)

thats good, i guess he just got a bad motor to start with. and i don't hate on anything honda. i just don't know much about zc's and i've heard they can't take the boost. but i guess i was proven wrong. thanx. you learn something new everyday!
Old 01-13-2005, 02:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Swapped_EG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thats good, i guess he just got a bad motor to start with. and i don't hate on anything honda. i just don't know much about zc's and i've heard they can't take the boost. but i guess i was proven wrong. thanx. you learn something new everyday!</TD></TR></TABLE>