Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

dmv inspection with turbo in my civic hatch???help!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 01:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dmv inspection with turbo in my civic hatch???help!!!!!!!

i just found out that i need to do an inspection at the dmv and i just put on a greddy turbo kit on my 93 eg hb i want to know if anyone knows if they check to see if the motor is modified or not i live in raleigh, NC i no in california they just checked brakes, lights etc im just wondering if anyone knows if they check to see that my motor is illegal and i dont want to take the turbo kit off so anyone no if im good to go??
Old 11-08-2006, 02:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: dmv inspection with turbo in my civic hatch???help!!!!!!! (DOHCgarage919)

why do you need to go to a dmv?

just go to any official NC inspection station. since your not going to be an emissions inspection they wont care.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: dmv inspection with turbo in my civic hatch???help!!!!!!! (92ehatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 92ehatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">why do you need to go to a dmv?

just go to any official NC inspection station. since your not going to be an emissions inspection they wont care.</TD></TR></TABLE>

plus if you didnt know greddy turbos are carb legal so if you set the correct greddy settings it should pass emissions aswell.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: dmv inspection with turbo in my civic hatch???help!!!!!!! (92ehatch)

i already went to an inspection but the dmv told me since my car is salvage i need to take it to the dmv inspection
Old 11-08-2006, 02:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: dmv inspection with turbo in my civic hatch???help!!!!!!! (DOHCgarage919)

for a salvage title car they need to make sure it is ok to be driven around ie: all safty thing are on it if you passed an inspection you should be fine. They just want to make sure that the car is ok to be driven. Wierd that the inspection station didn't submit the paperwork though i know thats how it works one state up from you. You will probably have the words "rebuilt" on your title after you go to the DMV.
Old 11-08-2006, 04:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: dmv inspection with turbo in my civic hatch???help!!!!!!! (99blackcivicSi)

well if its salvage then yes, you do need a dmv inspection.

i dont think they will care about the turbo as long as all the stock emissions components are there.

i am an NC inspector. and i just barely look at that stuff, but the dmv will make sure EVERYTHING is there.

so if you have removed any emissions components, at least make it look like they are there.

remove any PCV breather filters or such (if you put one on)

lift your car if you can and make sure everything is ok, wheel bearing check, tie rod check, no holes in exhaust, cat converter is there, NO BLOWN SHOCKS!!!

they just added this to the check, you fail if your shocks are blown and its noticeable.

i think if you get through those things you will be ok.
Old 11-08-2006, 04:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

they shouldnt check
Old 11-08-2006, 10:38 PM

man these laws are bs why cant they just let are hondas be
Old 11-08-2006, 10:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: dmv inspection with turbo in my civic hatch???help!!!!!!! (dohcgarage@714)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dohcgarage@714 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">man these laws are bs why cant they just let are hondas be </TD></TR></TABLE>

uhmmmmmm he isn't talking about a honda in perticular it was a SALVAGE TITLE they are making sure the car was rebuilt woudln't matter if it was a honda or a mercedes its procedure and it needs to be followed no matter what.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:38 AM

make sure u have them emission labels(the original sticker thing spark plug gap and whatever) under the hood i dont know where u at but in CA if your car is salvage and DMV inspects it and its missing them labels or anything(airbags) they will just tell you to go to CHP(highway patrol) and once its in highway patrol they run all your VIN's and stuff....and make sure its was original...i had a rough time passing CHP when my car was inspected by DMV(had an air bag tray thing instead of airbag and missing labels under teh hood and SRS light was on) so they refer me to CHP...
Old 11-09-2006, 02:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

that sucks.
i'm in n.c. and you give the local guy a 20 and he slaps a sticker in your window.....
Old 11-09-2006, 09:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (instrument)

when the dmv inspected my car in cali they didnt look for stickers or airbag light i just unpluged the airbag light and it was like 5 min and i left
Old 11-11-2006, 07:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: dmv inspection with turbo in my civic hatch???help!!!!!!! (99blackcivicSi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 99blackcivicSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">for a salvage title car they need to make sure it is ok to be driven around ie: all safty thing are on it if you passed an inspection you should be fine. They just want to make sure that the car is ok to be driven. Wierd that the inspection station didn't submit the paperwork though i know thats how it works one state up from you. You will probably have the words "rebuilt" on your title after you go to the DMV.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Word, and they allow Gas Guzzling SUVs to pass.