Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

DIY: DC2 dash into EG.

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 05:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys, ill be sure to post up when i figure out whether or not the low fuel light works.

The rear demister im pretty sure wont work with the EG ICU in the fusebox. I dont know for sure if mine works as i have it disconnected at the rear.. The light on the switch works though and i strongly believe it would work if i were to connect the rear back up.

My gauge is the one that came with a dash.. off an AUDM 94 DC2. Maybe its an LS in the USA?? Its the B18B DC2.

Tooch: Feel free to link this DIY wherever you like.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

awesome write up. should put this in the FAQs!!
Old 12-10-2008, 09:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Doing the door trims seems quiet difficult to do if you want it to be clean.

I got the old trim for a practice piece before i attack the EG6 trims. If you take your time it's not extremely difficult... trim, put on door, mark up, trim more, put on door, mark up. I did this about 5 or 6 times before i could shut the door. All seems good...

The only thing is the vinyl wont be a perfect mould on the door in one part.. There is a little extra vinyl to what you need and it cant be stretched etc. You can get it barely noticeable unless you touch it though.

Hopefully i will attack the EG6 trims and get more info and completed pics up this weekend or possibly the following, then the whole process will be complete.

The trims are the worst part of this swap IMO.
Old 12-14-2008, 03:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I finished cutting the drivers side EG6 trim today and took quiet a few pics. Will upload them later.
I used a dremel to cut trims and it was the best method IMO.

All went smoothly, i still need to purchase some contact adhesive to stick the vinyl back onto the trim. It will not be a 100% perfect fitment over the newly cut area but im sure i will be able to get it barely noticeable.

Anyone else who's done this swap figured out a nice CLEAN way of fixing the vinyl on the trim without replacing it?
Old 12-14-2008, 11:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Just finished the door trims part in post 1 of the DIY.

The DIY is now complete. If anyone has any other questions or extra info i can add to the initial posts, feel free to post.

Hope this helps at least a few people.
Paul.
Old 12-14-2008, 11:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great job with the door panels!!!

This write up was short, simple, easy to understand, with the propper pics, they need to put this in the FAQS

I didn't have info like this when I did my dash, and it was a helluva lot harder to say the least. Kinda like i found out as I went
Old 12-15-2008, 12:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by T3KNiQe
Great job with the door panels!!!

This write up was short, simple, easy to understand, with the propper pics, they need to put this in the FAQS

I didn't have info like this when I did my dash, and it was a helluva lot harder to say the least. Kinda like i found out as I went
Thanks man. Appreciate the feedback.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DIY: DC2 dash into EG.

So Paul....the spots you cut out on the door panels....is there nothing behind them? I think im going to do it the same way glue down everything then lay fiberglass on the back....shut the door.....and let it cure. Also if you use a heat gun the vynal should stretch if you need it to. Ill let you know how it goes then.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Paul1985
5. Door closed:

Also in these pictures you can still see creases from when you peeled back the vynal. Did those marks go away??
Old 01-04-2009, 11:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

as far as the rear defroster thing goes. thats going to be some wiring hassles. seeing as the civic rear defroster has an auto off option and the integra doesnt. integra only shuts off by manually pushing the button or shutting the ignition off. when i did this swap. my rear defroster would stay on. so in the winter i would just leave it on and in the summer un plug the rear defroster at the back window. and the gas light. you will have to replace your fuel sending unit with an integra one and wire it up. eg's dont have gas lights to indicate that you are low on fuel. this is a cool swap though. people put motors and suspention from integras on there civics. even seats, so why not the dash. plus the mugen or spoon cluster for dc's are way better than the ones for eg's. if you have the time and money i say go for it. its like driving an integra with a lighter chassis. also you dont have to put in a integra heater core. you only have to change the top portion of the heater core housing. the integra one will bolt right onto the civic lower half. and the cluster obd1-obd2. just change the back wiring film on the back of the cluster. 94-98 are the same. the only difference is the 99-01. they have the emobilizer key light. gl to all that do this swap. take notes,because if you dont you will have alot of problems. this is a great right up.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

damn what happend to paul-r... guess he got schooled, and now he is to much of a bitch. to post up some more hatefull stuff... what a hater. if you did dc2 dash then you could finally put a cool spoon cluster in an eg (since spoon doesnt make a cool looking one) just the stock white face one with there name on he spedometer...
oh well thanks for do a good diy very imformative and to the point. right on
Old 01-04-2009, 01:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

X2 for spoon dc2 cluster friking awsome
Old 01-07-2009, 11:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for the feedback.

Regarding the door trims, yes there is no plastic in a small portion once you trim it, so if you have fibreglassing abilities it would prob come out alot nicer. Using the heat gun on the vinyl sounds like it could be a good idea. I'm not sure on how it would turn out. Definately let us know how it goes if you try it.

The creases could be flattened out a little better with some stretching and gluing the vinyl back down... All of this process depends on your abilities in this kind of modification.. I struggled to get it 100% perfect and i tryed to take my time. The only part i had issues with was getting the vinyl to fit the newly modified door skin shape... The heat gun sounds like it could work.. Then again it could make a big mess of the trims if not careful i guess...

Fibreglassing after removing the old material then re-wrapping with new vinyl i would imagine would be the neatest option here...

Regarding the demister and fuel sending unit info above. Thanks for the details, hopefully the info will help others. On litterbox's DIY on one of the pages, some guy created his own circuit board for converting the demister so it would work correctly.

Regarding the fuel low light, i dont mind that one, i just wont let me fuel get down that low, but the sending unit swap may suit others who would like this light to appear.

Again, thanks for all the feedback and extra tips.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

can someone help?? i have my cluster wired up. the only light that is working is my ebrake, battery and oil light. nothing else is working...i would greatly appriciate it alot if someone can help guide me to finish this project.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bump for RHD and good DIY!
Old 02-20-2009, 06:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Howcome we park on driveways, and drive on parkways?

Paul1985,
Great DIY, that pic showing the carpet fitment is amazing. LOOK at how clean the floor is behind the carpet. lets see the outside of this b!tch..looks great on the inside, dont mind the haters, the EG dash IS weak IMO. But it was '91 when they designed that thing!

I want more pics! showem
Old 02-20-2009, 06:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by b18c1mien
can someone help?? i have my cluster wired up. the only light that is working is my ebrake, battery and oil light. nothing else is working...i would greatly appriciate it alot if someone can help guide me to finish this project.
First thing you should do is check to make sure the globes are in the back of the cluster and not blown.

After that let us know a list of which things still arent working.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

will do that first thing in the morning..
Old 02-20-2009, 07:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by DC2-ProdUcTiOnS
Paul1985,
Great DIY, that pic showing the carpet fitment is amazing. LOOK at how clean the floor is behind the carpet. lets see the outside of this b!tch..looks great on the inside, dont mind the haters, the EG dash IS weak IMO. But it was '91 when they designed that thing!

I want more pics! showem
My cars not real clean on the outside, intentions of re-painting have to wait due to money. One day i'll tear my car back down or do another EG Hatch
I have a build thread in my signature if you really wanna see more of my car.

Covered in dust from sitting in the garage for about 3 years lol
Old 02-21-2009, 01:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

nice write up! you did it a lot different than i did mine. i did my dash over 2 years ago lol. i never had any problem with the wiring on mine. everything worked! looks great! i have a couple picture of mine here.

https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/dc2-dash-eg-2505679/
Old 02-22-2009, 12:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by killerB16A
nice write up! you did it a lot different than i did mine. i did my dash over 2 years ago lol. i never had any problem with the wiring on mine. everything worked! looks great! i have a couple picture of mine here.

https://honda-tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2505679
Good stuff.
Alot of the wiring is the same and in the same plug locations but i personally like the idea of checking it all to be sure.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Great write up, looks so much better than the EG dash
Old 02-23-2009, 03:55 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by Paul-R
why would some one do this ? it's like ricing out the interior ....
lol the critic speaks again, you wont keep talking s*** cause nobody is agreeing with you

dumbass
Old 02-23-2009, 04:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Paul-R
why would some one do this ? it's like ricing out the interior ....
Good DIY OP, my uncle did the same dash swap on his eg and i thought it was pretty cool. He could of done a cleaner job but overall the conversion looks pretty good.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks guys.
Hopefully it helps some people out. I wouldn't have even considering attempting it if it weren't for the info on this forum.

Quick Reply: DIY: DC2 dash into EG.