Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Distributor Questions?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 03:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Distributor Questions?

Just a few questions.....

1) Where do you find the distributor part number? Not the actual Honda part number but the TD-xx one. I search all over my distributor but the only part number i could find was the a number stamped on the back of the dist. and the part # was D02691.

2) Now the reason i ask is because i did a motor swap on my car from b7 to z6 and i think my distributor might be hindering my car from running good. Its kind of weird because my distributor bolts up fine and the car runs but the tab on the top of the dist doesnt line up to the bolt hole so i cannot bolt up the dist. Like i said the car does run my it bogs down in the lower rpms. Does any one know what distributor i might have?
Old 01-07-2005, 04:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Distributor Questions? (d15b7racer)

i know what you mean not all d-series distributors bolt up to all d-series heads. The z6 distributors bolt patern is a little different than a non-vtec distributor, but has the exact same internals as a non-vtec distributor. What you can do to save yourself some money is to find just a z6 distributor shell and put your other distributors "guts" into that housing of a z6. You can buy a bad z6 distributor for real cheap at your local junk yard so this is a cheap and easy way to keep your good one and have it bolt up. For your bogging problem or whatever, you may have changed your timing when you swapped the distributor. Losen the 3 bolts that hold the distributor to the head while the car is on and just bump the distributor either backwards or forwards depending on your timing mark on the crank pulley. Get a timing light to check this because your timing is most likely not correct. Good luck with your fix and i hope this helped