Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Disconnected Spark Plug Questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 08:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disconnected Spark Plug Questions

If one spark plug was disconnected, I imagine the car (89 Honda civic sedan dx) would still run, but poorly.

But would it cause smoke to come through the heat/ac vents? and stop the AC from working?
Old 08-11-2006, 08:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Disconnected Spark Plug Questions (Vero)

no 1 time 1 of my spark plug wires was disconnected and my car sounded like a lawn mower
Old 08-11-2006, 08:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Disconnected Spark Plug Questions (leroyb)

Are u saying that u took out a spark plug, and ur car started smoking through the vents? I don't see how that's related, probly just coincidence. What does the smoke smell like? Does it smell like coolent? Burning plastic? What's ur car temp guage staying at?
Old 08-11-2006, 08:39 AM

Default Re: Disconnected Spark Plug Questions (Vero)

no way would those two be related problems. as far as spark plug goes, when you leave one out it should still start but it's gonna sound like a lawn mower, and as far as your heater and ac goes, i'd check the relays and all related parts
Old 08-11-2006, 08:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Disconnected Spark Plug Questions (leroyb)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by leroyb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">no 1 time 1 of my spark plug wires was disconnected and my car sounded like a lawn mower</TD></TR></TABLE>

exactly, there is no way it would cause smoke to blow through the heat systems or stop the AC from working.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JasonST &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Are u saying that u took out a spark plug, and ur car started smoking through the vents? I don't see how that's related, probly just coincidence. What does the smoke smell like? Does it smell like coolent? Burning plastic? What's ur car temp guage staying at?</TD></TR></TABLE>

no. we did it to stop a kid from drinking and driving. We pulled 3 of the plugs from this motor. We left 2 wide open in plain view and left the third one in the slot, but not connected.

he started the car on 1 plug, it stalled out. Figured out the plugs were missing and put them in, started the car and drove off. I believe he only put the 2 plugs back that were wide open and didnt catch the other that was left in the hole but not connected.

He is now claiming that we broke his car. He says it blows smoke out of the heat vents inside the car and that the A/C no longer works.