Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Del Sol Start? Need Help Fast I Am at work.

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 08:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Del Sol Start? Need Help Fast I Am at work.

Okay so I got up today, drove to work. Everything was peachy. When I got into my parking lot, the car slowly started to get slower and slower with no response to throttle. Then it died. Upon starting it again, it would crank and crank and crank and crank, but no start. The distributor is brand new. Also, after cranking, if I would let off the starter, the engine would start for a split sputter and then stop again.

I think its low oil? I have plenty of gas because I full tanked it like 3-4 days ago and my tank still says 3/4ths full. I need help quick because I am at work and need to get it fixed before I go home.

Spark plugs aren't that old. Wires are as new as the cap and rotor button.
Now my "new" distributor is technically a remanufactured one. The one my buddie brought had the wrong bolt pattern, so we took the internals and put them in my old one, worked like a charm. Its been running for 4 weeks no problems or hickups. And today, it just slowly stops. I think its oil, I could be wrong though.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Del Sol Start? Need Help Fast I Am at work.

Bumping this. I really need to get this fixed. I can't miss work its a new job.

Is it oil? Or could of those internals in the dizzy gone bad and I need a new one again?

please I really need help. someone out there must know.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:15 AM

no problem just want you to know your in good hands now. im a certified ASE technician ill look up some more information about your car then ill either repost or PM you

Dont worry ill help you =]
Old 09-29-2009, 10:18 AM

I found out, its the fuel pump. I believe it has gone bad alot of my customers that owned smaller older vehicles have had the same issue.

Go to this website, i trust them to buy parts for me and my customers, price is cheap and shipping is quick

http://hondapartsnow.com

Hope this helps!!
Old 09-29-2009, 10:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 93HoDNA
I found out, its the fuel pump. I believe it has gone bad alot of my customers that owned smaller older vehicles have had the same issue.
Go to this website, i trust them to buy parts for me and my customers, price is cheap and shipping is quick
http://hondapartsnow.com
Hope this helps!!
Yeah. My friends confirmed it too.

I'm going to replace it. thanks alot.

Edit: what sucks is im stuck at work. I mean I got here, but then it died. So yeah... hopefully I can get one at a decent price. Only about 60 in the bank n i get paid friady :/
Old 09-29-2009, 01:32 PM
Seagull Management

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by 93HoDNA
ASE certified eh? Generally actual mechanics don't randomly decide something is bad without ever seeing it. Honda fuel pumps aren't exactly known for going bad. Most of them outlast the car. I'd at least check for power at the pump before I replaced it.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 94EG8
ASE certified eh? Generally actual mechanics don't randomly decide something is bad without ever seeing it. Honda fuel pumps aren't exactly known for going bad. Most of them outlast the car. I'd at least check for power at the pump before I replaced it.
Well as an update to ya'll. It wasn't the fuel pump. I got a walburo 190lph pump from my friend for free (ive done him some favors, he now owns a bmw no need for it) I swapped in, didn't help. Ended up getting AAA, payed only like 40+start fee, and now I have AAA for life.

I had it towed to **** boys, I mean pepboys. They broke my vtec wire (go figure, ****s cant do nothing right) so I should be getting a free wiring harness soon. They said "its your dizzy you have no spark". So I'm thinking "well my friend lied to me saying the one we took parts out of was new, it was probably old just never used". So they wanted like 500 some odd dollars for everything, I said **** that. Got the dizzy full price (bah humbug) and then put it in right in their parking lot right in front of the bays. Started up like a champ.

Upon leaving I noticed I had less throttle play (like it took less to get it going) and then I remembered "190lph!!!!". Drives like a champ. Obviously I cant speed like gonzolez with that 190lph with no tuning, but I will be tuning soon anyway.

Better to cover the bases other than doing one and having it be another. The fuel pump was free so no big deal. In the end, I made out pretty good IMHO. Car runs like a champ, new dizzy instead of a self made (sorta). Its all good. Now its time for the supercharger XD.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Glad you had it cure...
but first thing to check for a dead car is
spark, gas, and air/compression.