Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Del Sol Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2004, 07:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket seat recommendations for Del Sol?

Hi, are there any kind of seat cushions and/or supporters that I can use with my Del Sol seats? Something mainly for the lower lumbar, but open to any suggestions.

Also, has anyone ever used a bike-rack for the trunk of the Del Sol? Any recommendations?

Thanks ahead of time,

Greg

Modified by GregDelSolSI at 6:20 AM 5/14/2004
Old 05-13-2004, 07:57 PM

Default Re: Del Sol Questions (GregDelSolSI)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GregDelSolSI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hi, are there any kind of seat cushions and/or supporters that I can use with my Del Sol seats? Something mainly for the lower lumbar, but open to any suggestions.

Also, has anyone ever used a bike-rack for the trunk of the Del Sol? Any recommendations?

Thanks ahead of time,

Greg</TD></TR></TABLE>

I dont think there is anything aftermarket that is available. I guess you can use a pillow!! If you need something with lumbar support you need to get into a high end race seat like a Recaro or a Sparco Torino...those have lumbar support adjustments.

As for the Bike Rack...Ive never seen one on a del sol....the car is a little small to be adding all this stuff on but I guess if you install it professionally than it should be ok. Id say consult your dealer!
Old 05-13-2004, 09:16 PM

Default Re: Del Sol Questions (delsolcutie)

What's more comfortable overall, APC seats or Ricaro?

APC Description: RACING-STYLE SEAT
Inspired by finest Italian racing seats!
For the ultimate riding experience, sink into one of these comfortable seats!
Base incorporates high bolsters in the hip, leg and shoulder area for excellent lateral support
Lower back area features a built-in lumbar support. Built-in sliders-seat is fully adjustable front to back. Embroidered APC logo on the headrest. Tapered side bolsters widen at the top of the seat to fit snugly against your shoulders to provide a positive feel. Complete with seat-belt harness holes at the top of the seat back and a seat base that's cut lower at the back to accept lap belts (harness and belt not included).
Old 05-13-2004, 09:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GregDelSolSI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What's more comfortable overall, APC seats or Ricaro?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Are those Spanish seats?

I think the Recaro's are more comfortable, after sitting in both before, but I'm sure the APC's are a whole lot cheaper.
Old 05-13-2004, 09:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Del Sol Questions (rodrez)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GregDelSolSI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What's more comfortable overall, APC seats or Ricaro?

APC Description: RACING-STYLE SEAT
Inspired by finest Italian racing seats!
For the ultimate riding experience, sink into one of these comfortable seats!
Base incorporates high bolsters in the hip, leg and shoulder area for excellent lateral support
Lower back area features a built-in lumbar support. Built-in sliders-seat is fully adjustable front to back. Embroidered APC logo on the headrest. Tapered side bolsters widen at the top of the seat to fit snugly against your shoulders to provide a positive feel. Complete with seat-belt harness holes at the top of the seat back and a seat base that's cut lower at the back to accept lap belts (harness and belt not included).
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I love riding in the Recaros, but what if your a big guy, and the side bolsters are uncomfortable? Do they have racing seats without side bolsters being so high?....I sit in the recaros and fit just perfectly
Old 05-13-2004, 09:30 PM

Default Re: Del Sol Questions (rodrez)

Ty for the info, basically I have the original seats in mine, but my gf complains to me that she doesnt have enough cushioning (bigger *** than mine, go figure =/ ).

Basically this car is my daily driver and potential project, I had previously driven a 3000GT and after about 8 months my back started to hurt from the style seating. I figure it would be a worthwhile investment so I can prevent it again .

The APC shown was $200 whereas the Recaro's were $265, as long as it's $350 or less and comfortable, it's worth it for me in the long run.
Old 05-13-2004, 09:31 PM

Oh btw, Im 6'2" but weigh 155 lbs. So basically the width issue isn't a problem since Im a skinny white cracka.
Old 05-13-2004, 09:49 PM

Default Re: Aftermarket seat recommendations for Del Sol? (GregDelSolSI)

in relationto the bike thing I haven't seen one, but I have seen a snowboard rack. I'm sure you could fab something up from that base.

Old 05-13-2004, 11:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Aftermarket seat recommendations for Del Sol? (FrostySol)

I have a friend who has the recaro's, hes a big guy and he says it hurts his back every now and then, but its still better than his stock prelude seats. Oh well, i think there is racing seats without the side bolsters, im looking into them for him. Any pics?
Old 05-14-2004, 11:59 AM

Default Re: Aftermarket seat recommendations for Del Sol? (FrostySol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FrostySol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">in relationto the bike thing I haven't seen one, but I have seen a snowboard rack. I'm sure you could fab something up from that base.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Your car is sweet man! Got any more pics of that sol??? Is that a CF trunk?? Where did you get that from?? How much did it cost ya? Love the License plat filler and the....ukdm 3rd brake light??
Old 05-14-2004, 12:02 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GregDelSolSI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ty for the info, basically I have the original seats in mine, but my gf complains to me that she doesnt have enough cushioning (bigger *** than mine, go figure =/ ).

Basically this car is my daily driver and potential project, I had previously driven a 3000GT and after about 8 months my back started to hurt from the style seating. I figure it would be a worthwhile investment so I can prevent it again .

The APC shown was $200 whereas the Recaro's were $265, as long as it's $350 or less and comfortable, it's worth it for me in the long run.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Damn....6'3 and in a del sol??!! Crazy!! I would go with the Recaro over the APC brand. You do get what you pay for and $65 difference...it will be worth it! Plus...you will save yourself some ridicule (sp?) from peeps on this board if you rock the APC ones......but its your $$!!
Old 05-14-2004, 12:23 PM

Default Re: Aftermarket seat recommendations for Del Sol? (NA PRO)

not my car, but yes it is sweet. That's a jdm rear fog light or whatever. The fillers are needed for the trans-top since the trunk lid doesn't have lights built into it like the US Sols do. In fact the whole car is JDM (imported, actually from Taiwan or somewhere I think). The guy that owns it posts in the Sol forum at hondavision.com, his name is "delScho". It is a cf trunk. They went for about 700 bucks but I'm not sure where/ if you can still get them.
Old 05-14-2004, 12:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GregDelSolSI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ty for the info, basically I have the original seats in mine, but my gf complains to me that she doesnt have enough cushioning (bigger *** than mine, go figure =/ ).

The APC shown was $200 whereas the Recaro's were $265, as long as it's $350 or less and comfortable, it's worth it for me in the long run.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Those arnt real recaros, they are Recaro STYLE. Meaning it looks similar but will wear and feel worse. You get what you pay for when you buy seats.
Real recaros run closer to 500 ish and are soooo worth it. Of course you can get non reclinable seats for less.
Old 05-14-2004, 01:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just take your stock seats to an auto upholstery shop and have them add more cushion... Thats what I did n' then some...