Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Del Sol Insurance

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 08:42 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Del Sol Insurance

How do most of the Del Sol owners of the beautiful cars handle their insurance coverage for a total loss or theft? I'm pretty sure they aren't covered for ACV. Insuring for a classic or collector car carries so many restrictions that this won’t work. What do others do? A stated value also has too many restrictions on usage.

Regards
Lisa M. Stewart
Old 04-09-2009, 09:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Del Sol Insurance

what is acv? as for insurance, i had full coverage on mine. my del sol got stolen. unfortuantely i'm still battling out a price for my vehicle. but with a vehicle 13 years old, it's hard for insurance companies to realize how valuable these cars are.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:36 PM

Default Re: Del Sol Insurance

I dunno about my sol now, but I just got over a battle for my '95 M3, they thought it was totaled (HAH!) boy are they wrong, but, besides that, I was able to argue with insurance and get them to raise the price almost 4 thousand dollars because at least for CT the law says they gotta use NADA guides and local market, but I had them do the research and showed them what the car was actually worth because the local market was a lot more, and I also got them to fight with NADA to get them to change their value and update it because it was out of date and didn't reflect the rarity of the car, etc, etc. In the end I got more money, even though I ended up keeping the car, than I would have gotten if I had let them keep the car but didn't argue with them about it. But for my sol I don't have collision or anything, so I don't know what would happen. never hurts to talk to them about it and see what you can do... you DO have a choice to accept the crappy offers they inevitably give you, or take it upon yourself to do the research and make them see just how much the car is really worth, not just to you, but to a bigger community... It also helps to have receipts and documentation for any aftermarket parts you have on there, so they can adjust the price accordingly.