Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Damn Pot holes and slammed cars dont mix

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 06:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Damn Pot holes and slammed cars dont mix

so i have a 94 civic with an auto tranny and i hit a pot hole and then right after i hit a dip in the road, my car coming down at the high point of the dip.

Lets just say that didnt help any situation, my car after that wouldnt down shift by it self and lots any guts it did have, so i pulled over and took a look at the dipstick to see if i busted a leak or something. Well the dipstick is mangled, it is bent like crazy and missing metal chunks. so now im dealing with my insurance company, i would love to do a manual swap but i know that they will not pay for that to happen so im thinking if they agree maybe i will do a b18b auto swap. Whats everyones opinions, besides auto's suck, i know that already but if you can do it for not much more then what its going to cost anyway why not?

If i did this swap would i just use the stock b18b mounts and throttle cable, and etc. or will i need different parts?
Old 01-10-2006, 07:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Damn Pot holes and slammed cars dont mix (gwegcivic)

Cmon you would have all your answers by now if you searched.

here's a good start https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1337459

When I did mine I didnt use a different rear mount but they are different. And im pretty sure you dont have to do the part with the intake maifold swap.
Old 01-10-2006, 07:26 PM

Default Re: Damn Pot holes and slammed cars dont mix (fasthatchb18c1)

why do autos suck? u know some of the MAJOR drag cars are quick shift autos right?especially muscle cars use quckshift when racing on a 1/4 a manual will slow u donw u have to literally stop clutch gear and go again for a minumum of 5 gears thats alot of time think about it
Old 01-10-2006, 07:31 PM
R.I.P.

Default Re: Damn Pot holes and slammed cars dont mix (1993civicex)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1993civicex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">why do autos suck? u know some of the MAJOR drag cars are quick shift autos right?especially muscle cars use quckshift when racing on a 1/4 a manual will slow u donw u have to literally stop clutch gear and go again for a minumum of 5 gears thats alot of time think about it</TD></TR></TABLE>yeah, thats exactly the same as the auto civic...
Old 01-10-2006, 07:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Damn Pot holes and slammed cars dont mix (1993civicex)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1993civicex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">why do autos suck? u know some of the MAJOR drag cars are quick shift autos right?especially muscle cars use quckshift when racing on a 1/4 a manual will slow u donw u have to literally stop clutch gear and go again for a minumum of 5 gears thats alot of time think about it</TD></TR></TABLE>

your comparing a high HP muscle car auto tranny to a civic's tranny? He also never stated that he hated his auto because it hurts him at the dag strip. Don't start an argument with someone for no reason.
Old 01-10-2006, 07:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Damn Pot holes and slammed cars dont mix (fasthatchb18c1)

I didnt ask about doing a auto- manual swap, i was asking bout keeping the car and auto.

If i get an auto b18b will all the mounts and everything from the b18b work in my eg civic?

I dont want this to get into debate about auto and manual transmissions. Just want to know bout the auto. Pros and Cons. Future plans would include a turbo kit and vtec head. Mild building, it will be an everyday driver. so i just want to keep it an auto.
Old 01-10-2006, 07:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Damn Pot holes and slammed cars dont mix (gwegcivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gwegcivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> i would love to do a manual swap </TD></TR></TABLE>

uumm ok