Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

newbie, lots-o-questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 07:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie, lots-o-questions

well fisrt question is where can i find a place that will build a race engine, something like a spoon engine would be nice. and where can i find a good clean EK9 with out an engine and no mods done to it, body doesnt have to be in the best looking but would be a plus. but yea i know im crazy and all but where the car is gong to be there are no emissions so i shoud be fine for a race car running around on the streets. any help would be the best of help thanks.
Old 01-06-2006, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: newbie, lots-o-questions (hondaguyEK9)

Hit up blitzed, he says he can get cars for a good price!!!

username: blitzed
Old 01-06-2006, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: newbie, lots-o-questions (hondaguyEK9)

http://www.raretrick.com sells spoon engines, i dont know why you would want to spend alot on them, they are just balanced really well. look into Some local shops close to where u live for an engine builder. as for a shell look in the classifieds or on ebay they pop up from time to time.
Old 01-06-2006, 07:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: newbie, lots-o-questions (egvtec)

your all talk
Old 01-06-2006, 07:26 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: newbie, lots-o-questions (dohcVTECeg2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dohcVTECeg2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">your all talk</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah them youngsta's are always livin in fantasy land...
hahahahahaha....
Old 01-06-2006, 07:58 PM

http://www.inlinefour.com sells spoon engines...they keep the spoon b18c in stock $6370
Old 01-07-2006, 03:40 PM

Default Re: (x_outlaw_x)

well the engine would be built up, and not left the way i got it thats for damn sure. and i want to build a nice project car something that is nice and clean, and differant cause around here all every one does is ZC swaps in the older model civic and do just a regular B16B swap soo it quite uncommon around here to see a type R but a few people do have them so i want something that no one has done in my area plus this car is gonna hit the road in a few years as apposed to a couple of months like what everyone wants but i want to take my time a build it right.
Old 01-07-2006, 03:54 PM

Default Re: newbie, lots-o-questions (tipsy_619)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dohcVTECeg2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">your all talk</TD></TR></TABLE>

You can say that again!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tipsy_619 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah them youngsta's are always livin in fantasy land...
hahahahahaha....</TD></TR></TABLE>

JDMatters

Spoon engines
Old 01-07-2006, 03:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: newbie, lots-o-questions (JDMatters)

you're only 18. i highly doubt you can do all this.

just read up until you save enough allowance to buy one.
Old 01-07-2006, 04:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: newbie, lots-o-questions (ADVAN EG2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ADVAN EG2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you're only 18. i highly doubt you can do all this.

just read up until you save enough allowance to buy one.</TD></TR></TABLE>

you're only 19....how can you be one to speak? becides age has nothing to do with it.
Old 01-07-2006, 04:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (hondaguyEK9)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondaguyEK9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well the engine would be built up, and not left the way i got it thats for damn sure. and i want to build a nice project car something that is nice and clean, and differant cause around here all every one does is ZC swaps in the older model civic and do just a regular B16B swap soo it quite uncommon around here to see a type R but a few people do have them so i want something that no one has done in my area plus this car is gonna hit the road in a few years as apposed to a couple of months like what everyone wants but i want to take my time a build it right.</TD></TR></TABLE>
longest sentance ever. and i dont know about you but from what ive seen, b16b swaps are pretty rare. but i think its mostly due to the fact that a b16b cost about as much as a C5.
Old 01-07-2006, 04:24 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (JRizEJ6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MikeD718 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you're only 19....how can you be one to speak? becides age has nothing to do with it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

So are you..... So am I. You're right age has nothing to do with it, but this kid has no idea what a spoon engine is for. He probably just thinks it's a great race engine.

He wants to race his car on the streets. I think he should get a nice 3 year old hampster and a brand new wheel. Street racing is by far one of the stupidest things you could ever do. I don't give a **** if you life in the boonies and your closest neighbor is 25 miles away. The day that you miss a turn or loose control is the day a family is passing by you and you wind up killing them.
Old 01-07-2006, 04:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SOHC4life 96)

i agree 100% with you SOHC4life. A <U>Race</U> car belongs on the<U>Race</U> track.
Old 01-07-2006, 05:01 PM

so what if im 18 and i do want to race it on the streets and i dont think that the spoon engine is the worlds greatist race engine. and i know what it is used for they use it becuase it can with stand long trem use at high RPM's, and thats what i need it for. and sorry if i was wrong i dont know everything about hondas and all i know is that its the cheap swap. by the way thanks to all those who actually gave me websites to find the engine. and the guy i should look for about getting an EK9.
Old 01-07-2006, 05:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

think positively, if u put ur mind to something u can do it.
But think if it would be better to spend a little less money and still get the power and cleanness.

i think $6k for an engine is ridiculous for a road car, a couple grand will get a decent powered turbo engine.

its all about pro's and cons
Old 01-07-2006, 05:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey man its your car, if you can and want to do it more power to you.
Old 01-07-2006, 05:11 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondaguyEK9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so what if im 18 and i do want to race it on the streets and i dont think that the spoon engine is the worlds greatist race engine. and i know what it is used for they use it becuase it can with stand long trem use at high RPM's, and thats what i need it for. and sorry if i was wrong i dont know everything about hondas and all i know is that its the cheap swap. by the way thanks to all those who actually gave me websites to find the engine. and the guy i should look for about getting an EK9. </TD></TR></TABLE>

For the price of a Spoon balanced B18C you could do a K20A2 swap into whatever chassis you'd like. The Spoon engine is made for road racing, not drag racing like you want to do. You'd do better with something out of a Prelude or an RSX or maybe even the TSX K24A2, especially if you think $6400 for an engine is a "cheap swap".

Children. Sigh.
Old 01-07-2006, 06:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondaguyEK9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> and sorry if i was wrong i dont know everything about hondas and all i know is that its the cheap swap.</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondaguyEK9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> and do just a regular B16B swap soo it quite uncommon around here to see a type R</TD></TR></TABLE>

Are you stupid?
A B16b is a Type R.
Old 01-07-2006, 06:28 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (Aaron EF9)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">For the price of a Spoon balanced B18C you could do a K20A2 swap into whatever chassis you'd like. The Spoon engine is made for road racing, not drag racing like you want to do. You'd do better with something out of a Prelude or an RSX or maybe even the TSX K24A2, especially if you think $6400 for an engine is a "cheap swap".

Children. Sigh.</TD></TR></TABLE>

My thoughts exactly.
Old 01-07-2006, 06:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

...Spend the money building and turboing a Z6 or Y8. A 300whp Dseries will romp any 6grand spoon engine all day long, not to mention you'd spend quite a bit less than that.

Yeesh, you're even older than me and you still don't make sense.
Old 01-07-2006, 11:18 PM

Default Re: (SovXietday)

another episode of jerry springer
Old 01-08-2006, 02:22 AM

if your looking for a good shop to build a motor.. but you get waht you pay for... i would suggest GroundZero in Portland Oregon.. they built my Ls/Vtec turbo and im pushing 406whp and 327tq at the moment.. and i will guarantee that youll be satisfied.. as for parts Speed Concept in Beverton Oregon... is the cheapest parts place (plus no tax)... and as you can see i dnt even live in oregon thats how good the prices are ther.. they are deff worth the drive
Old 01-08-2006, 03:52 AM
H-T White Ops

http://www.importbuilders.com
Old 01-08-2006, 07:16 AM

Default Re: (IslandSi)

Id love a spoon block...but its overkill unless you're doing A LOT of Auto-X and actually enter into real ROAD RACEING events.

Turbo an LS - B16 trans call it good...If you want a High revving motor, just build the block yourself.
Old 01-09-2006, 04:35 PM

Default Re: (Hondaciv95VX)

okay let me clear up some things i am into road racing and AUTO-X, and i dont want something turbo i have messed with turbo's before particularly on the SR20DET in my friends 240sx. but any ways i am a N/A guy dont know why but that N/A stuff really catchs my eye. and i live somewhere in wisconsin dont want to get much deeper with that. and sorry but this will be my first car to build up and im not to familiar with hondas SORRY but i want to do something differant or something i just havent worked on before. so i dont know what engine codes are what and i understand it is an expensive engine. but i want to do it just to do it.

Quick Reply: newbie, lots-o-questions