Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default d16z6 headers help

What are some good headers fo d16z6
Nd are eBay headers bad or gud ??
Old 03-14-2011, 10:29 AM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Re: d16z6 headers help

You won't see any difference in performance so get the cheapest things you can find.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by grumblemarc
You won't see any difference in performance so get the cheapest things you can find.
This is false and I can't understand why after so much research in exhaust technology has been conducted it is still repeated. Even if your car is 100% bone stock there are noticeable differences to be had between varying exhaust headers. Bisimoto has claimed a 16whp, 16.3 ft/lb's of torque increase on a stock D15B7 engine.

To the initial post, save your money and invest in a quality header. There is significant power to be had and it ought not be sacrificed due to a lack of knowledge in this area.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:46 AM
The Grumpiest

Originally Posted by RussLaviolette
This is false and I can't understand why after so much research in exhaust technology has been conducted it is still repeated. Even if your car is 100% bone stock there are noticeable differences to be had between varying exhaust headers. Bisimoto has claimed a 16whp, 16.3 ft/lb's of torque increase on a stock D15B7 engine.

To the initial post, save your money and invest in a quality header. There is significant power to be had and it ought not be sacrificed due to a lack of knowledge in this area.
I never said there wasn't any change in power. I chose my words carefully. I said that after all is said and done you won't really NOTICE any difference and for the amount of money you spend on quality intake, header and exhaust you could have put towards a good turbo kit. It's a waste of money and guess what? You'll still be slower than a mini-van.

Are you speaking out of experience or because you saw Bisi's charts?
Old 03-14-2011, 11:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I never said there wasn't any change in power. I chose my words carefully. I said that after all is said and done you won't really NOTICE any difference and for the amount of money you spend on quality intake, header and exhaust you could have put towards a good turbo kit. It's a waste of money and guess what? You'll still be slower than a mini-van.

Your correct, the money spent on a quality I/H/E could become rather expensive, and compared to a turbo system like the Greddy it becomes rather comparable ($$$).

That said, I do think 16whp is a NOTICEABLE increase in power, not to mention 16 lb/ft of torque on a Honda.

Last, I do not have first-hand experience with Bisimoto's products, but I hope his claims are realistic and honest.
Old 03-14-2011, 01:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i got a dc header off ebay for pretty cheap for my z6, and my bro got a megan racing header for his eclipse from ebay for a decent price (both around $100 each) and the way i see it any header is better than the stock ex mani, get a $30 ebay header for a temp so you can stack your cash for a better one
Old 03-14-2011, 01:58 PM
Seagull Management

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

To be fair a D15B7 has a particularly restrictive manifold compare to a Z6, and for the price of a BISI header you could pretty well buy an LS swap. I'm not saying this doesn't work, but it's not very cost effective.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i agree when i put my ebay header on my mini me the only difference i could tell was a deeper tone
Old 03-14-2011, 05:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I bought one off ebay to replace my cracked DC. It ended up fitting great and is pretty good quality. I put it on as is but if you wanted to you could clean it up/port match it. The one I got cost $41 and arrived the next day. The seller was SureWinProducts.

This was how it looked after the first drive. Now at about 400 miles it has some blue in it right at the first bends. Make sure you wipe it off with alcohol before you start it the first time.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

quick question to the o/p.... is your car lowered??? if so ebay because pancaking a header=fail. you add a 400 dollar header to that equation and you just look like a dick for cracking a header that for 250 extra more could get you an ls/b20 longblock possibly tranny too
Old 03-14-2011, 05:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

To further 89-t-rex's point, the DC header lower section was smashed pretty bad, that's why I chose not to repair it.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:24 PM
Pirate General...YARRRR

Originally Posted by bignelson001
What are some good headers fo d16z6
Nd are eBay headers bad or gud ??
Spend your money on a typing class, sweet christ.

Not true...
Is this another one of Bisi's viral marketers LOL

dude can he sink any lower?
if not..

Maybe he doesn't want to? It's his car and i'm sure he thought about the cost of F/I as well.

Your correct, the money spent on a quality I/H/E could become rather expensive, and compared to a turbo system like the Greddy it becomes rather comparable ($$$).

That said, I do think 16whp is a NOTICEABLE increase in power, not to mention 16 lb/ft of torque on a Honda.

Last, I do not have first-hand experience with Bisimoto's products, but I hope his claims are realistic and honest.
16 ft lbs would be quite the kick in power for a D series, yes you'd feel it.

Originally Posted by JDyzzle
i got a dc header off ebay for pretty cheap for my z6, and my bro got a megan racing header for his eclipse from ebay for a decent price (both around $100 each) and the way i see it any header is better than the stock ex mani, get a $30 ebay header for a temp so you can stack your cash for a better one
While this is true, just because it's stock doesn't mean it's awful in all cases.
Originally Posted by 94EG8
To be fair a D15B7 has a particularly restrictive manifold compare to a Z6, and for the price of a BISI header you could pretty well buy an LS swap. I'm not saying this doesn't work, but it's not very cost effective.
Nor is modifying a honda but it's what people on this site do.
Originally Posted by chope045
i agree when i put my ebay header on my mini me the only difference i could tell was a deeper tone
Great story. More details would help to make this post more helpful to the OP, what were the other mods, did you tune to adjust for the new manifold etc? I understand you are trying to help but need a bit more then that.
Originally Posted by 89t-rex
quick question to the o/p.... is your car lowered??? if so ebay because pancaking a header=fail. you add a 400 dollar header to that equation and you just look like a dick for cracking a header that for 250 extra more could get you an ls/b20 longblock possibly tranny too
The problem is not the header the problem is the car. It's true with all long tube headers on this car.

Even at stock height my Long tube is more then happy to kiss a pot hole.. Lowered well, mfg up a skid plate was a nice investment for me.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

http://passwordjdm.com/PasswordJDM-A...P2196C325.aspx

i like this armored plate shield.....expensive yes but im a pwjdm ***** so i would buy it but im also poor so...

good solution though
Old 03-14-2011, 05:28 PM
Pirate General...YARRRR

http://passwordjdm.com/PasswordJDM-A...P2196C325.aspx

i like this armored plate shield.....expensive yes but im a pwjdm ***** so i would buy it but im also poor so...

good solution though
Make your own the quality of their products is awful, at best. If you really wanted I'd be happy to explain how to make one.

Saving you a lot of headaches, but probably surrendering bling points..
Old 03-14-2011, 05:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

oh i could make one for myself quite capable...just quite lazy haha
Old 03-14-2011, 05:41 PM
Pirate General...YARRRR

The one thing I could give that is it's 5052.. While I wouldn't use alum in a skid plate, if I had to that would be the grade.

Handles vibrations quite well.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ***$nyper
The one thing I could give that is it's 5052.. While I wouldn't use alum in a skid plate, if I had to that would be the grade.

Handles vibrations quite well.
very true but i look at it like this.... frustration sweat possible blood and cursing aside.... for 50 bucks i'd buy it to protect a hytech overpriced piece of the like
Old 03-14-2011, 05:46 PM
Pirate General...YARRRR

very true but i look at it like this.... frustration sweat possible blood and cursing aside.... for 50 bucks i'd buy it to protect a hytech overpriced piece of the like
So you want to skip the fun part of working on cars?

:p
Old 03-14-2011, 05:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if i can skip it for a decent price then....... yup haha
Old 03-15-2011, 03:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by flush_EJ1
I bought one off ebay to replace my cracked DC. It ended up fitting great and is pretty good quality. I put it on as is but if you wanted to you could clean it up/port match it. The one I got cost $41 and arrived the next day. The seller was SureWinProducts.

This was how it looked after the first drive. Now at about 400 miles it has some blue in it right at the first bends. Make sure you wipe it off with alcohol before you start it the first time.
Y do u have to put alcohol ?
Old 03-15-2011, 04:14 AM
The Grumpiest

Originally Posted by bignelson001
Y do u have to put alcohol ?
Wow. Reading comprehension must not be taught in schools any more. He said "wipe it off with alcohol before you start it the first time". Don't do that and the oils from your fingertips and any other contaminants will burn themselves into the surface of your nice shiny header.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

lol @ the OP. Can we get some pictures of said header and the install? I think you would feel a difference and from most of the dyno charts on cars with header installs i've seen its all been high end increase meaning you prolly feel the difference on the highway at the top of your rpm band. like 3.5k and up rpms
Old 03-15-2011, 07:04 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

EEEEBBBBBAAAAAYYYY

Mine are perfect and cost is great. i bought some to take the turbo off my car and yes yes yes .
Old 03-15-2011, 08:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Lmao Naw I guess Dey don't teach that in Skool no more moe but anyways thanks fo the info