Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Custom LED dome light retrofit kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 11:58 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon5 Custom LED dome light retrofit kit

I've recently made a small business doing LED retrofitting and I want to see if anyone online would be interested in buying some of my dome lights. These dome lights contain 15 LEDs each at 20 candlepower, making the dome light 300 candlepower. Bulb dome lights are rarely more than 50 candlepower. My dome lights are so bright that they light up the ground at night when you open your door.

The best part is it's all plug and play. My lights utilize both harnesses so all you have to do to install it is unscrew your old light housing, unplug the two harnesses, then plug the harnesses into the LED light housing and screw it back to the roof and you're done!

Here's a picture to try and give you an idea of the intensity of the light. This picture does the light absolutely no justice, but a crappy phone camera is all I have.
https://i.imgur.com/kFsDM.jpg

Here is how the light looks without the plastic cover. If you want to buy one, make sure your light also only has one screw holding it to the roof.
https://i.imgur.com/jAjzm.jpg

I'm asking $40 plus shipping for a light. All payments will have to be made through paypal. Post, pm, or email me if you're interested in making a purchase!
Old 07-01-2012, 12:41 PM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Re: Custom LED dome light retrofit kit

Not to knock you but this is in the wrong place for one, and for another, you can get these way cheaper off of Ebay.
Old 07-01-2012, 01:11 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

superbrightleds.com will give you a brighter light in whatever color you want, for cheaper. It's also as simple as pulling the old bulb and slapping in the new one. You're trying to reinvent the wheel here, sorry man.
Old 07-01-2012, 02:48 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jbpnoman
superbrightleds.com will give you a brighter light in whatever color you want, for cheaper. It's also as simple as pulling the old bulb and slapping in the new one. You're trying to reinvent the wheel here, sorry man.
This is what I did. I just bought the proper wedge bulb and my car is like daylight inside at night.