Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Adding A/C in EG

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 01:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Adding A/C in EG

I got a EG 1995 civic vx. i am planning on putting A/C in it but want to know if it is hard to install a/c into my EG. the car came without A/C and i assume it seems to be bolt on.
for as being a 1995 civic vx will the parts come all pre R134a style refregrant if i buy it form local parts store like napa etc electricial etc. im pretty okay installing and doing my own stuff and this will hopefully be a project i want to complete. i have also access to a A/C machine and my friend will hopefully add if i am done. what parts will i need.

what will be the first parts to install for the ac and the hardest part. is the parts going to be plug and play. for as the electrical relay is that the only thing i need electrical.
also my climate controls i seen it does not have a ac button. i found out the ac button has a block off and says "ac" but don't have a ac button. do i have to remove the whole control thingy and install another with a button or is the ac button already integrated with the A/C harness. where do i get a button

for the ac harness im looking on getting one, lines, compressors, evap etc. what else?

what is the hardest part in doing the ac installation i don't really want to rip apart the whole dash or do i have to?, i want to gather parts b4 i do it. how hard is it to do this kind of installation.

any advices, info would be helpful thanks...
Old 07-01-2012, 03:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Adding A/C in EG

the heardest part wouldnt be taking apart ur dash but takeing apart 2 dashes pulling 2 heater cores not to mention get all the buttons from a car with ac because there screwed in and not cliped plus u need to change the underdash wire loom engine loom but if u do decide to put it in u need the right unit because if im not mistaken there are many systems and only a few are easy to charge or are still used
Old 07-01-2012, 03:13 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Adding A/C in EG

Piece of advice #1: Search. This has been done, and there are a few good write-ups on it in this very forum section.