Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Custom Engine harness build: Help Decoding plugs

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 03:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom Engine harness build: Help Decoding plugs

Hi Everyone,

Part of my project is getting cables done.
One thing I noticed when I build my custom dashboard harness was the way honda made cables, very bad quality and plitting cables over and over again on different places and wire them cross the complete harness to an other part where will be a sensor.

With the Dashboard harness this was even worse than what I found on the engine harness.

Under the hood you have twoo pieces of harness.
One is directly connected to the motor, and the other one is connected to a plug and powers things like the lights and more, that one goes inside to a plug (brown and black i think it was) and that plug is connected to the main harness.

Well I'm creating a single wire harness, and I will try to explain and make pictures as much as possible.

A single wire engine harness in my terms means that there will be plastic wires / tubes going to each sensor and will not be connected to other tubes.

First all plugs that are or should not be inside the car (in the new setup).

All pictures are made with my Beloved BlackBerry Z10, but I will try to make them the best quality, and light conditions are not really good here.. so you know

If something is not clear, just ask.. it's not that I only have too know what is what on the big plugs, also what the name of the sensor is because I will lable them.. and maybe this will also be a good documentation for every one that wants to make his or her custom harness.

I also gave every picture a number to make it easier, after all cables are sorted, ironed again and all nice and equal length i will bundle them based on where they are going to.. but at least everything is nice and easy to find.
Also a lot easier if you need to add or delete or modify cables, just lable every bundle and thats it.
The other thing is the Hub, all cables (including the injectors that are not shown in this post yet) will end up in the hub, so you can use that as reference point.
Normally that hub was mounted somewhere in all the plastic i think.. i think on the right side it was.. now you can mount the hub in your car if you want to, just connect all cables to there..
You can even connect it with bullit connectors.. but if you want that?

I know you don't see the engine harness, but I think that it is important to make / recreate a harness that is easy to indentify.
So lets say i take it apart, I know exactly what needs to go where.. that is the point behind this.
And you can shorten or make it longer easier without having to redo the complete harness again.

There are also a lot of black minus cables that are splitted like a lot of times that can run way better...

Anyway in simple terms: Tell me which plug goes to which sensor
Attached Images         
Old 04-23-2014, 03:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Custom Engine harness build: Help Decoding plugs

Plug 2
Attached Images         
Old 04-23-2014, 03:51 PM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I could have sworn someone already did the "identify these plugs for me" thread a while back.
Old 04-23-2014, 04:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I did get the plugs I think.

Seems all colors are correct :

http://teamsolcal.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=19884

But I don't understand why honda made the harness so bad with all those splitters everywhere