Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

ctr citylights install, tailgator brake switch install

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 11:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ctr citylights install, tailgator brake switch install

I just wired up some ctr citylights to the oem foglight switch. On the power wire, I have in place a fuseholder. What size fuse should I use for this?

Also, I wanted to scare tailgators, to get them off my *** whenever they feel the need to hug my rear bumper. So I made a brake light activator utilizing the oem cruise control switch. Now when I press the cc switch, it activates the brake lights w/o me actually braking the car. I also have in place a fuseholder on the power wire. What size fuse should I use for this? How do I determine the appropriate amperage to use?

Pix........

Old 01-11-2006, 11:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: ctr citylights install, tailgator brake switch install (Draggin99Si)

I don't know.

What I would do, is to start at about 7.5 amps and if it keeps blowing i'd up the amp rating.

This is probably NOT the correct method of doing it, but it is what i would do if i did what you did.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:21 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: ctr citylights install, tailgator brake switch install (Draggin99Si)

Hate to tell ya, but tailgators (like BMWs) will not back off if you hit the brake pedal, they go by distance. If theres a foot left, thats plenty.
Old 01-12-2006, 02:58 AM
HTBATRACER

Default Re: ctr citylights install, tailgator brake switch install (Redline96LX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Redline96LX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hate to tell ya, but tailgaters (like BMWs) will not back off if you hit the brake pedal, they go by distance. If theres a foot left, that's plenty.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Cars don't drive themselves. I'm pretty sure its natural instinct to slow down if the car in front of you put its brake lights on.
Old 01-12-2006, 03:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

See Below
Old 01-12-2006, 03:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Draggin99Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just wired up some ctr citylights to the oem foglight switch. On the power wire, I have in place a fuseholder. What size fuse should I use for this?

Also, I wanted to scare tailgators, to get them off my *** whenever they feel the need to hug my rear bumper. So I made a brake light activator utilizing the oem cruise control switch. Now when I press the cc switch, it activates the brake lights w/o me actually braking the car. I also have in place a fuseholder on the power wire. What size fuse should I use for this? How do I determine the appropriate amperage to use?

Pix........
</TD></TR></TABLE>

ROFL, i drive a civic too, so i know its not a CAR problem, if you got tailgaters, try the following...

1) STAY OUT OF THE FAST LANE (Fast lane = Left lane of any highway)

2) Use the GAS pedal, its the vertical shaped pedal on the right, try pressing it down more than you are, tends to solve the TAILGATER problem...

3) Cant believe you mentioned tailgaters, you should be shot on sight!
Old 01-12-2006, 03:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ctr citylights install, tailgator brake switch install (Defile)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Defile &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

ROFL, i drive a civic too, so i know its not a CAR problem, if you got tailgaters, try the following...

2) Use the GAS pedal, its the vertical shaped pedal on the right, try pressing it down more than you are, tends to solve the TAILGATER problem...

3) Cant believe you mentioned tailgaters, you should be shot on sight!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Shut the fukk up you idiot comedian.
Old 01-12-2006, 06:19 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

when someone is tailgating you, just let the car drift to the side of the lane or on the shoulder of the road, then all of a sudden jerk the wheel to the middle of the road and tap the brakes. Then speed up again and repeat. They will think you are drunk or have no idea what you are doing. Either way, they won't want to ride your *** anymore if your driving style isn't predictable. Ive been doing this for years and it works great.
Old 01-12-2006, 06:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ctr citylights install, tailgator brake switch install (Defile)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Defile &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

3) Cant believe you mentioned tailgaters, you should be shot on sight!</TD></TR></TABLE>

i agree in the sense where if you don't want any tailgaters harassing then yes, staying out of the fast lane will prevent this(or atleast minimze it), but speeding up is not the answer. so what if the jerk wants to go faster, if your doing the speed limit then let him go around you, it's that simple
Old 01-12-2006, 09:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

as far as the fuse size, a 5A should be plenty, a pair of 168/194 bulbs like that pull maybe 1amp.

as far as tailgaters - setting the brake light doesn't help and is technically illegal.
The only real solutions are to slow down more and force them to pass you, speed up or simply move out of that lane or to the shoulder and let them pass.
Old 01-12-2006, 09:32 AM
footwork mastery

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: (Relic1)

on the tailgater subject i don't think the brake light really helps the last few miles to my house is 1 lane and i always get them. i think the best way to deal with them since most the time they won't get off your bumper ss just slow down to **** them off