Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

CTR carbon climate control

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 10:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CTR carbon climate control

Hey all i have a little problem. I was given a 99 CTR climate control for my birthday, from my girlfriend. The problem is she bought it off ebay. Now don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with buying parts off ebay, but the vents are missing. I'm assuming they were broke being shipped to the U.S. or when it was being taken off of the car. Anywho i just want to know if there is any way to replace these vents. If anybody has any info on how to fix it or links to a write up, just post it up..... thanks in advance.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:45 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: CTR carbon climate control (doobs01)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by doobs01 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey all i have a little problem. I was given a 99 CTR climate control for my birthday, from my girlfriend. The problem is she bought it off ebay. Now don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with buying parts off ebay, but the vents are missing. I'm assuming they were broke being shipped to the U.S. or when it was being taken off of the car. Anywho i just want to know if there is any way to replace these vents. If anybody has any info on how to fix it or links to a write up, just post it up..... thanks in advance. </TD></TR></TABLE>
It could depend on how much of the vent is gone. If it's just the fins, you might be able to replace them with salvage parts. If it's the entire vent assembly, and it's at all like the '96-'98 vents, you can't just clip new vents in. The vent assembly seems to have a slight tiny lip that clips into the bezel. Then it's either glued or plastic welded in place. If you remove the vents, the tiny lip cracks and leaves chunks in the bezel. So there's tiny pieces of plastic glued into the bezel, meaning it's worthless because you can't put a new vent in (not that you can buy vents new without purchasing the entire bezel).

I had to go through this with my stock '98 bezel and vents when my car was stolen. The bezel was broken and I found many used bezels, but they were missing the vents. Close inspection showed that I could not replace the vents with my old vents because of the same problem with the way they clip in an get glued.
Old 08-01-2007, 06:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah i kinda know about this.... i had a 97 Ek before the 99 and in my 97 the car was cleaned the inside and broke one of my vents.... they told me to go to the dealership and have them replace it... but the dealership said it can't be replaced and gave me a whole new bazel. So i have heard that it can be done and that it can't.

The entire vent is missing.