Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Cruise Control

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 05:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cruise Control

I bought a 94 civic from a friend and he swapped in a b18b.. well the cruise crontrol doesnt work and ive checked the fuses and theyre all good so what would it be? I really want to get it fixed cause i have to take my car on an eight hour road trip at the end of the month.. Please help! thanks!
Old 01-31-2007, 05:38 PM

Default Re: Cruise Control (Scud)

8 hours with your foot on the pedal the whole way isnt that bad ... well for me .. even when im driving a car with cruz controll i dont use it ....

i do about an 8 hour road trip once a week ... dont think it will be that bad .

cant help with the electrical probs though

Old 02-01-2007, 05:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Cruise Control (HCJDM1)

yea i know it wont be that bad but i really want to get my cruise control fixed anyways.. anyone???
Old 02-01-2007, 05:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

are all your connections to the cruise control box connected? its the little silver box in the far left front of the floor board. make sure they are all connected, then make sure that your steering wheel connectors are correct and plugged, also, be sure to recheck all the fuses. that completes the inside. now in the engine bay, make sure all connections are made to the crusie control box, and that the cable to the accelerator pedal is set. other than that...good luck. let me know how this goes.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Scud &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I bought a 94 civic from a friend and he swapped in a b18b.. well the cruise crontrol doesnt work and ive checked the fuses and theyre all good so what would it be? I really want to get it fixed cause i have to take my car on an eight hour road trip at the end of the month.. Please help! thanks!</TD></TR></TABLE>

does the CC swith on the dash light up and stay on when pressed?
if so double check the plugs under the hood and there should also be a vaccuum line going the CC solenoid

Old 02-01-2007, 03:20 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Scud &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I bought a 94 civic from a friend and he swapped in a b18b.. well the cruise crontrol doesnt work and ive checked the fuses and theyre all good so what would it be? I really want to get it fixed cause i have to take my car on an eight hour road trip at the end of the month.. Please help! thanks!</TD></TR></TABLE>

your better off without it.. CC just wastes more gas and eight hours isnt that bad
Old 02-03-2007, 02:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Cruise Control (BLUIZE256)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BLUIZE256 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

your better off without it.. CC just wastes more gas and eight hours isnt that bad</TD></TR></TABLE>
i thought that CC would only help to keep your engine at a more consistant speed therefore helping you to increase your gas mileage and to keep your right leg from falling asleep. stop-and-go traffic kills your mileage..not highway miles.
so...with that in mind...how does it make you use more fuel????
enlighten me please
Old 02-04-2007, 07:35 AM

Default Re: Cruise Control (jz98ctr)

Yep, cruise uses more gas.

The reason being, when you're travelling uphill, cruise control will try to keep you at the same speed, instead of holding the same throttle position, or even easing up on the gas pedal a bit, which would give you the best mileage. And up a steep hill in 5th (assuming 5spd) with a manual transmission the cruise has to floor it. Your going to burn alot more gas than you would if you downshifted to 4th yourself and were lighter on the throttle. Unless of course you have a good weight to power ratio for your car where as you will have no problem going up a steep hill in 5th gear under light to medium throttle.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

in case you haven't noticed......the OP lives in Florida...i don't hink he has to worry about too many hills so your "theory" is void
do you think he can be driving for 8 hours uphill the entire time????
Old 02-04-2007, 01:02 PM

Default Re: Cruise Control (BLUIZE256)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BLUIZE256 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yep, cruise uses more gas.

The reason being, when you're travelling uphill, cruise control will try to keep you at the same speed, instead of holding the same throttle position, or even easing up on the gas pedal a bit, which would give you the best mileage. And up a steep hill in 5th (assuming 5spd) with a manual transmission the cruise has to floor it. Your going to burn alot more gas than you would if you downshifted to 4th yourself and were lighter on the throttle. Unless of course you have a good weight to power ratio for your car where as you will have no problem going up a steep hill in 5th gear under light to medium throttle.</TD></TR></TABLE>

thatz only half right cus it dont gotta be a steep hill for gas mileage to be thrown
off and it gets thrown off going down hills too

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jz98ctr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">in case you haven't noticed......the OP lives in Florida...i don't hink he has to worry about too many hills so your "theory" is void
do you think he can be driving for 8 hours uphill the entire time????</TD></TR></TABLE>

he also said he'd be drivin 8 hours strate n'd i dont think hes gona be in florida that whole time unless he plans on drivin in circles and so your sayin wut - that florida dont got hills? cus i kno for dam sure it does

so your both wrong - deal with it
Old 02-04-2007, 02:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Cruise Control (civic201)

all hills aside
Florida's a big state
he could be drivin from the flacid tip to the panhandle
that would take more than a few hours alone
i'm not saying Florida doesn't have any hills
all that i'm saying is that a steady, regulated engine rpm will yield better mileage than one than rollercoaters up and down

Old 02-05-2007, 02:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Cruise Control (jz98ctr)

yea im driving from Pensacola to Orlando so its a little under 8 hours.. but back to my cruise control question.. everything seems to be working, no fuses were blown and everything was connected, the green light comes on when i push the button in so what else could it be? should i just get a new cruise control unit? thanks..
Old 02-05-2007, 02:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

check so that the switch is no triggered off by the pedals. Could be the control module.

Driving without CC for a while makes my ankles kill. CC FTW!
Old 02-06-2007, 05:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Scud &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yea im driving from Pensacola to Orlando so its a little under 8 hours.. but back to my cruise control question.. everything seems to be working, no fuses were blown and everything was connected, the green light comes on when i push the button in so what else could it be? should i just get a new cruise control unit? thanks..</TD></TR></TABLE>
Double check your cables coming from the CC module under the hood going to the throttle body...make sure they are tight to the throttle butterfly and the the CC module. there might also be a vaccuum line. i just can't remeber right now for the EGs.