Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Corvette powered ls1 civic h/b My project that i thought i would share

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 10:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (92BluEH-3)

Now, why did you guys flare the fronts again? Considering it is RWD, I would think you'd want to flare the rears.

DO I remember reading that you had to cut the arms on the rear suspension or something to fit it under the car? Again, why not flare the rear?

Or, can you pull the fronts back under the front fenders? Looks funny with a flared front.
Old 09-04-2007, 01:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Civette)

Great to see it finally run, truly an amazing hybrid you've created.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Civette &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">.....the car kinda feels a little heavy to me......but with the mods on the car it also needs to be tuned......</TD></TR></TABLE>

Do you have any estimate of what it weighs now? Any plans on lightening the hatch with maybe carbon fiber, lighter aftermarket C5 suspension & wheels, lexan rear windows, etc.?

I'd love to see it run at the track and some dyno vids.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:48 AM

Default Re: (moss)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by moss &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Now, why did you guys flare the fronts again? Considering it is RWD, I would think you'd want to flare the rears.

DO I remember reading that you had to cut the arms on the rear suspension or something to fit it under the car? Again, why not flare the rear?

Or, can you pull the fronts back under the front fenders? Looks funny with a flared front.</TD></TR></TABLE>

He wanted it to look as stock as possible outside, and the front was too hard to bring in. In either case, if he needed more traction, he can now flair the rear and have even larger tires than it would be stock. In any case, like the picture above, the car will look like it is a FWD drag car and still confuse people off the line.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just had time to read through everything and watch the videos. Im siked on this twice as much after seeing the footage. more more more..

And i know what flash burn feels like.. they say it feels like sand in your eyes but idk about that. GL
Old 09-04-2007, 09:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Civette, when do you plan on putting in the rest of your goodies that you previously bought for the motor?

And sorry if it's been answered, but what kind of axles are you using?
Old 09-04-2007, 11:05 AM
OG Tech

got any new pictures of the interior? pictures of the pedals and the dash?
Old 09-05-2007, 09:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (NOFX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOFX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I was not aware that the VR6 was a Honda V6... Or a V6 at all. It's a staggered six cylinder engine.</TD></TR></TABLE> last i checked vr6's use a single crank and the pistons aren't inline, that would classify it as a v6. it is a V6 with 15 degrees of seperation.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JDMorgan)

This has nothing to do with Civette's thread guys, come on. NOFX will agree that this off-topic discussion should be taken to PM's, or another thread, before it gets out of control, and ruins the thread once again.

I don't mean to be a dick about it, but I want to keep Civette's thread alive.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:42 PM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (JDMorgan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMorgan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> last i checked vr6's use a single crank and the pistons aren't inline, that would classify it as a v6. it is a V6 with 15 degrees of seperation. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Last time I checked, normal V6's don't have staggered pistons or a 15* (or a 10.5*) split ... nor do they have a single cylinder head.

It's technically a staggered inline-six.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RiceKillinSI)

I do believe that he should use those custom fenders that he was making on earlier pictures. The only problem is the bumper though I'm sure that they can work something out.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by moss &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Now, why did you guys flare the fronts again? Considering it is RWD, I would think you'd want to flare the rears.

Or, can you pull the fronts back under the front fenders? Looks funny with a flared front.</TD></TR></TABLE>
The reason why he flared or is flaring the front is because the tires stick out past the fenders. The reason he narrowed the rear is because he said that something was out of line if I remember correctly.

Modified by EsQueue at 9:26 AM 9/9/2007
Old 09-06-2007, 08:24 AM

paint the thing

the primer look isn't cutting it
Old 09-06-2007, 11:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Eran)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

It's technically a staggered inline-six.</TD></TR></TABLE>
false,
Man this car is comming along great!
keep up the good work and get that **** tuned.
Old 09-06-2007, 02:25 PM
lulz

Default Re: (M!nes)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by M!nes &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">paint the thing

the primer look isn't cutting it</TD></TR></TABLE>

hes getting to it i believe, im not sure whether he has colors picked out or not
Old 09-06-2007, 03:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

glad to see it running under its own power, sick build .... cant wait to see more progress.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Melt)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMB20TDA &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
false,
keep up the good work and get that **** tuned. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Eh, Eran's right, it's got 15º of separation off the crank and there's only one cylinder head, not 2 like a more traditional 45º offset "V" style engine.

It's a one of a kind motor, cross between a straight 6 and a V6, leaning more towards straight 6. Very awesome when you take the head off. I had to do the headgasket on mine and it was all "ooo, ahh" . Google a VR6 block and you'll see what I mean. Truly nothing like it, that I know of.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 92BluEH-3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

hes getting to it i believe, im not sure whether he has colors picked out or not</TD></TR></TABLE>

In an earlier post, Civette said he was going with black I believe.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:54 PM
The Boot

did you rip out all of the origional wiring? Wonder when you are going to have some lights for those late night test runs.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:15 PM
* B A N N E D *

killer build. but honestly a k20 ins't good enough thies days?
Old 09-06-2007, 10:36 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: LoL....My project that i thought i would share (Civette)

That transmission said Dexron 3?? Automatic! Sissy! hehe
Old 09-07-2007, 05:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (spooledhonda)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spooledhonda &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">killer build. but honestly a k20 ins't good enough thies days?</TD></TR></TABLE>

NOPE
Old 09-07-2007, 09:43 AM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: (4F_HANS)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spooledhonda &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">killer build. but honestly a k20 ins't good enough thies days?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Even if it's slower than a k20, that's not the point.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMB20TDA &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
false,
keep up the good work and get that **** tuned. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah the vr6 is DEFINATELY more like an inline six than a v6. Ever seen one with the head off? Find a pic, and you'll agree just by looking at it.

http://www.howstuffworks.com has some good info on what makes the difference between inline and V cylinder formations. The vr6 is a neat motor, but just because it has "v" in the title doesn't really make it a v6. A tattoo artists I know has a vr6 and he always refers to it as an inline.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:58 AM
Darth ModerVader

Default Re:

Okay guys.

First, please don't continue to post things like "amazing" or "great job". We appreciate the fact that you're trying to be encouraging, but it only adds bulk to the thread and does not contribute anything meaningful. Such posts will simply be removed, and no one should feel offended when they are.

Secondly, lets please put the VR6 discussion to rest. The VR6 name is derived from the pairing of "V" (taken from the German "V-motor", which is self explanatory) and "R" (taken from the German "reihenmotor", which basically translates to straight engine).

Therefore, even VW itself is referring to the engine as basically an "inline or straight V". If that's not satisfactory for you, please take it up with VW AG. As the LS1 is a simple V8, the matter has no bearing on this thread anyway.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:51 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Re: (mojo_stevo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mojo_stevo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

So this is what's become of honda-tech since I've been here last? Jeezus, the world must be comming to an end when mods have to micro manage like this. You could just be honest and say that you guys are trying to save server space and stop beating around the bush.</TD></TR></TABLE>

No, he's not lying. both might be true, but navigating through 60 pages of nonsense would be hectic for anyone trying to get any technical value from this.

I like it much better as a smaller thread.
Old 09-08-2007, 02:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Re: (ek forever guy)

I know that the paint scheme for this car is all black, but are the wheels staying polished? Or are they going black too?
Old 09-08-2007, 04:28 PM
Batpool

Default Re: Re: (swifty4u)

I thought he was looking at the blacked out C6 wheels. But I could be completely wrong. I'm pretty sure he was changing the look of the wheels.

Modified by SilentEdge at 4:27 PM 9/9/2007

Quick Reply: Corvette powered ls1 civic h/b My project that i thought i would share