Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

cooling system issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 02:07 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cooling system issues

hey i just replaced the thermostat, fan sensor, temp-gauge sensor, radiator and the res, my car has been flushed and filled bleed and all that good stuff but its still not going thru the system and keeps blowing out of the res and the thermostat is installed correctly im lost here the only things i have left i can replace on the cooling system is the headgasket and waterpump i need an answer or ideas
Old 12-30-2012, 02:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: cooling system issues

I notice you're a new member to honda-tech. Here are a few starters so that you can better help us to help you.

ALWAYS give relevant information.
Year and make of your car
engine (if you think it will help)
any maintenance you've done regarding the issue
any upgrades done to the part of the car you're having trouble with

And ALWAYS use the search function to make sure someone hasn't had the same issue as you and found a solution in a thread they created. A lot of times your questions will be answered in older threads.

So is the car overheating? Is the lower radiator hose hot or cold? Does it have pressure when you squeeze it?
Old 12-30-2012, 03:15 PM
Trial User

Default Re: cooling system issues

Originally Posted by Wdpfreak145
I notice you're a new member to honda-tech. Here are a few starters so that you can better help us to help you.

ALWAYS give relevant information.
Year and make of your car
engine (if you think it will help)
any maintenance you've done regarding the issue
any upgrades done to the part of the car you're having trouble with

And ALWAYS use the search function to make sure someone hasn't had the same issue as you and found a solution in a thread they created. A lot of times your questions will be answered in older threads.

So is the car overheating? Is the lower radiator hose hot or cold? Does it have pressure when you squeeze it?
its a 98 civic dx coupe and d16y7 motor and if i have the heat on it has no pressure and if its off and i start driving for a few mins it builds up pressure but the bottom hose never gets warm and i dont think its over heating the coolant that sprays out of the res isnt too hot either. its only gets pressure if i have been driving, so i clueless on this issue