Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Coolant inside Interior?!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2004, 08:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Coolant inside Interior?!

My car is a 93Si HB from Canada and it presently has a 95 D15B7 in place of its blown Z6.

I had the dash out for about a week and pretty much stripped it down to the bare firewall save the pedal/steering assembly. (done for painting)

The heater core hoses gave me a helluva problem so I elected to dissconnect them directly from the motor and then slide all the hose clamps off and proceeded to remove the heater assembly with the inlet/outlet hoses intact.

I put the car back on the road yesterday and noticed this morning there was a puddle of coolant on the passenger side. (I only have the driver seat installed) I removed the dash once again and removed the heater duct.

Sure enough after driving for 10minutes.... I had coolant dripping from the two inlet/outlet pipes.... (not exactly sure which one, appears to be both?) this may explain my hunting idle as well....

I can't say I was exceptionally gentle during removal or reinstallation but I never did get the rubber hoses off the heater core. Short of replacing the core, does anybody else have any suggestions or experiences?

I do know there is heat and the core itself gets very hot (burned finger to prove it)

Old 07-01-2004, 09:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Coolant inside Interior?! (RagingAngel)

the core inlet/outlet pipes could be bent on the core it you tryed to grab around it with vice grips or something like that but thats the only thing i can think of.
Old 07-01-2004, 09:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Coolant inside Interior?! (dwittl)

I did notice the hose that is on the driver side (outlet?) the hose clamp was quite difficult to place back on. It took some serious sweating and swearing before it went back on.

I suspect it might have been slightly ovaled the first time I insisted on removing them from the core side and not from the motor side.