Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Complete Tubular AWD Conversion Kit for Civic

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2018, 03:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 442 Likes on 384 Posts
Default Re: Complete Tubular AWD Conversion Kit for Civic

^What a shame, thanks very much for the heads up though.

Neat that there could be other AWD solutions also in development. I can't believe there's still new products/kits coming out for these cars.

AWD is still a topic I find really interesting for these platforms. I feel like I've just started to mentally associate any 5th/6th gen or Integra with FWD though.
Old 02-19-2018, 05:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

A lot of good info in here so far! Im still wondering if a K series crv trans will work with the wagovan rear diff. I've seen several builds where they are used together but then the person that built it drops off the forum like they drove their awd car into the Bermuda triangle lol. In all seriousness though I want to do this build, I just fear doing it and getting it on the road only to find out the gears will not work together and constantly bind. I don't mind doing a custom set of gears (maybe the transfer case gears since its the weak link, might as well go for stronger). I would just like to have my ducks in a row before beginning.
Old 02-19-2018, 06:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 365 Likes on 271 Posts

So there is some light at the end of the tunnel, someone on here mentioned that FCS was going to be releasing an AWD kit soon and I've heard that is actually true. I also know someone who is going to be developing a kit "a very reputable company" I don't want to mention names just because it is not my business to do so.

So with that being said, I won't be long before you have multiple companies offering AWD systems, which is some great news. The good part is that this is not some race car only component and is something that a lot of average street cars would want to use. I bet having an AWD setup on a 300-500whp street car would be a blast to daily around.
Old 02-19-2018, 06:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by AZ_CIVIC
So with that being said, I won't be long before you have multiple companies offering AWD systems, which is some great news. The good part is that this is not some race car only component and is something that a lot of average street cars would want to use. I bet having an AWD setup on a 300-500whp street car would be a blast to daily around.
If someone can sell me an AWD conversion that lets me retain an OEM sway bar and the fuel tank in the factory location, I'll pay (reasonably) any price for it.
Old 02-19-2018, 06:48 AM
Fish Twig

Received 309 Likes on 285 Posts

Originally Posted by Chance EG
If someone can sell me an AWD conversion that lets me retain an OEM sway bar and the fuel tank in the factory location, I'll pay (reasonably) any price for it.
Or, you can order the the gas tank with dual pump, rear subframe that needs to be welded on, rear lca's to match and your choice of rear trailing arms, diff, axles and shaft.

edit: my bad, the rear subframe is bolt on.
Old 02-19-2018, 06:52 AM
Fish Twig

For your pleasure

Old 02-19-2018, 08:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

^ I like that he mentioned the current angle of the rear axles; moving the assembly back would be a good idea. Still seems like it'd be a bit premature to dump $3500+ into this system right now, but it always takes a few brave pioneers to start things off.
Old 02-19-2018, 09:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I've watched the like 6 or 7 couple minute videos these guys have posted but besides that one car they worked on I can't find anyone else who have used or has posted anything with this companies stuff. Even the one car they worked on I have not seen any review or video of that thing racing or performing in anyway.

I've also read that these guys have taken some money for kits and never shipped the product. I would rather wait it out for a couple better know companies to sell this kit.

If anyone wants to buy this kit and run I am all ears LOL
Old 02-19-2018, 10:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I've also read that these guys have taken some money for kits and never shipped the product. I would rather wait it out for a couple better know companies to sell this kit.

If anyone wants to buy this kit and run I am all ears LOL
Protip to anyone who has been fortunate enough not to have already had something like this happen to them, and learned this the hard way:

Make any major purchases, especially online/phone orders, on your credit card. It's way easier to dispute a card transaction than it is a check, and if in any case you pay cash then you're just completely SOL there. Credit cards are pretty much de facto at this point, but that's something important I've learned over the last few years.

My build is taking me forever, so I'm really in no place to be extending my plans any at this point, but I'll definitely be keeping an ear to the ground over the next 18 months or so to see if any notably good AWD kit comes out. Planning on keeping my Si as my "forever" car, so might as well make it perfect to me.
Old 02-19-2018, 10:53 AM
Premium Member

Received 190 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Chance EG

Planning on keeping my Si as my "forever" car, so might as well make it perfect to me.
I like this philosophy...
Old 02-19-2018, 03:41 PM
Fish Twig

same with my 4dr 00.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

Oh it's a blast alright! Makes me a little sad though that anybody with money to throw around will be able to have someone bolt an AWD system up to their Honda without putting any blood, sweat, and tears into it. Guess that's just the way of the world these days.

And they removed the factory subframe altogether, so why didn't they set the rear diff back further in the subframe that they made to get the axles straighter? They had plenty of room to do so. He is right though, it will work just fine with the axles at that angle. Not so sure about the inner CV boots. Only time will tell.
Old 02-20-2018, 06:17 AM
Fish Twig

Originally Posted by DarryCar
Oh it's a blast alright! Makes me a little sad though that anybody with money to throw around will be able to have someone bolt an AWD system up to their Honda without putting any blood, sweat, and tears into it. Guess that's just the way of the world these days.

And they removed the factory subframe altogether, so why didn't they set the rear diff back further in the subframe that they made to get the axles straighter? They had plenty of room to do so. He is right though, it will work just fine with the axles at that angle. Not so sure about the inner CV boots. Only time will tell.
How's your hatchback been doing so far?
Old 02-20-2018, 07:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by DarryCar

For me this is the type of innovation that is needed and I think could help keep Hondas alive in my opinion. I honestly do not care if someone works on their car themselves or pays someone to do the work. It is very rare that anyone can do 100% of their own work, for example I can pull my car completely apart and put it back together, however I pay to have my motor professionally built because it makes sense.

I just had a new 6k aluminum rod block built for my car, paid $600 to get it assembled. For me that is totally worth it because when you are going to be pushing 1200whp it needs to be built perfect. My head, valve train and cam package is another 6k so again if for any reason I screw up anywhere in the process I risk a 12k motor. So for me, knowing that my motor is built by the same guys who do this everyday and are out there running low 8 second passes make me comfortable.

Same goes for my new 25.5 cage, I had a 10 point cage already in the car but wanted to add to it in order to get my 7.5 cert. I am not a welder but it didn't stop me from pulling my windows, removing the roof of my car, removing all interior, cutting and prepping the existing cage for work.

So for me and many others if a company wants to invest in creating an AWD kit correctly to sale I am all in support for something like this because it allows others who don't have technical fabrications skills to have something cool, plus it supports the local guys who do this type of work everyday.
Old 02-20-2018, 07:27 AM
Fish Twig

Of course I'd do the same when it comes time to rebuild the engine. Don't have time anymore to do the work of reading, understanding, buying more tools (only to be used once), buying parts and all that fun stuff.
Old 02-20-2018, 08:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by tony_2018
Of course I'd do the same when it comes time to rebuild the engine. Don't have time anymore to do the work of reading, understanding, buying more tools (only to be used once), buying parts and all that fun stuff.
Yep, that is why I think an AWD kit is a good thing. People buying the kit are doing so because they just don't have the skill to weld, build mounts and do a bunch of fabrication. This is why you have heard plenty of people talk about AWD Hondas for the past 8 years but not many actually go through with the entire process.

That being said you put a kit out there that is straight forward, bolt on or even a little welding required is a lot easier on the average Joe than figuring out how to build stuff like this from scratch.

If these kits start to come out I think it will get some Honda guys pretty excited because this kit is an all around good kit for street cars, drag racers etc.
Old 03-21-2018, 03:10 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This place is supposedly a shop that works on customer cars and has created a bolt on AWD kit for Hondas. To not have a phone number to contact them is pretty lame, the only contact is by email which again is lame. To have a website with a drop down menu to purchase this kit you have the selection of 96-01, yet they don't actually have that kit available right now?

Seems pretty odd to me, as far as how these kits work again it's hard to say. They posted like 10 2 minute videos of a customer car they were putting this on and the last 2 minute video they shared looked like the car barely ran.

I have looked all over for customer reviews, videos anything on this kit and the only thing that comes up is the company site with 6 pictures of the same customer EG and the videos are the same customer EG.

Just saying doesn't seem like I would want to send 4 g's to this company YET.
i was just reading yesturday on there fb page and it looks like they going to debut there awd car at hday. Cant wait to see what they got im planning on buying a kit from them in the next couple monts for my nitrous built
Old 05-03-2018, 10:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Old 05-19-2018, 10:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I was watching this and went on a search-spree. Subscribing to this thread because I want to do an AWD setup one day.

Facebook Post
Old 09-25-2018, 08:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So, anyone have a kit for this yet? LOL I'm interested to see a company come up with a kit that can handle some power. I don't want 1200hp but if it can handle it then I'd definitely buy it.
Old 09-26-2018, 02:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by h22a4sol
So, anyone have a kit for this yet? LOL I'm interested to see a company come up with a kit that can handle some power. I don't want 1200hp but if it can handle it then I'd definitely buy it.
Biggest limiting factor from what I've seen is the transfer case on the trans, especially with the CRV/Wagovan conversions done on B and H engines.

Not sure exactly what the big guys are doing that are running 7's and 8s on AWD Honda's. I'm not sure if they've found a way to strengthen the system, or if they just say a really good prayer before each burnout and dig lol.
Old 09-26-2018, 03:47 AM
2x0
Honda-Tech Member

Received 70 Likes on 58 Posts

That link to the AKD kit has been taken down, anyone have updates on the FCS? I have also heard rumors that Hasport is working on something... I'd be willing to throw down on that fosho.

What the hell ever happened to 93egboosted's car anyway? Would have to guess there was some issue with the diff ratio's and car was not driveable. Wish people would at least keep everyone updated so we have a chance to figure out new solutions to problems like that, rather than being left in the dark.
Old 09-26-2018, 04:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

FCS just released their kit about a week ago. It's the same price as AKD, 4500, but at least with FCS you know youll actually receive the parts lol. It's a far more complete kit too, it comes with a fuel cell and some other things too. If it was me, id just use Hubcity Performance trailing arms and lcas and make my own diff mount. It doesn't look too hard and it's been proven on multiple cars to be good for 8s. Also, the guys running slicks aren't doing burnouts. I think it's too much stress and little to no return considering the tires won't really spin enough to get any heat in them.

Last edited by k20z1ej1; 09-26-2018 at 04:37 AM.
Old 09-26-2018, 04:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Also, hasport has released rear mount brackets for nearly every chassis for b and k in the last month. Brian has been busy af lol. As for b series guys having the drivetrain hold up, no one has come up.with a good solution yet. To my knowledge, anything more than 400-600 is borrowed time for the t case. I think the fastest b car is running low 10s at the moment but I'm sure that will change once a billet t case is in production.
Old 09-26-2018, 05:54 AM
2x0
Honda-Tech Member

Received 70 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by k20z1ej1
FCS just released their kit about a week ago. It's the same price as AKD, 4500, but at least with FCS you know youll actually receive the parts lol. It's a far more complete kit too, it comes with a fuel cell and some other things too. If it was me, id just use Hubcity Performance trailing arms and lcas and make my own diff mount. It doesn't look too hard and it's been proven on multiple cars to be good for 8s. Also, the guys running slicks aren't doing burnouts. I think it's too much stress and little to no return considering the tires won't really spin enough to get any heat in them.
Thanks for the update! Looks like they are taking pre-orders now, and have fulfilled 14 out of 25 needed orders as of 8/15.

Here's a link. Looks like a pretty complete and quality kit.

https://fcsrace.com/shop?olsPage=pro...Fawd-honda-kit

Quick Reply: Complete Tubular AWD Conversion Kit for Civic