Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

clutch problems PLEASE HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 06:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default clutch problems PLEASE HELP!!!!

ok imma try to keep this story very short.

to start it was snowing really bad for those of you who live in NJ well anyways i had to shovel my car out so i can take my cousin home today i was driving around just fine then i noticed that my clutch pedal was getting weakers then there were times that i went to shift and the pedal wouldn't come all the way up i would have to bend down and pull the pedal up then keep going. Anyways then i stopped at a red light, it turned green and i went to press the clutch to go into 1st but the pedal didn't come back up and since then my pedal hasn't come back up it just stays down to the floor i have NO idea wut i could be i ran to autozoe that luckily it didn't close yet and bought manual clutch fluid cuz i thought that might be with and i filled up the container thing b/c it was empty and still it just stays down. So i ask H-T please let me know whats wronng wit my car.

i took my car home by turning off the car then puttin the car into 1st then as soon as i turned it on quickly hit the gas then just stay in 1st the whole time. i dont know what to do please quickly someone help

TIA
Old 02-12-2006, 06:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: clutch problems PLEASE HELP!!!! (dthug)

so I take it that your car doesnt have a cable tranny but you had no fluid, so you need to bleed the slave so that all the air is out of it and then the pedal will work, usually takes about 15-30 mins depending on whos doing the job
Old 02-12-2006, 07:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: clutch problems PLEASE HELP!!!! (1dumbassscreenname)

ttt i need more opionions on what i could be i'm thinkin i do neeed to bleed it or maybe its my clutch master? help please i need more opinions b/c i have work tomorrow and this is my only source of transportation
Old 02-12-2006, 07:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1dumbassscreenname &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so I take it that your car doesnt have a cable tranny but you had no fluid, so you need to bleed the slave so that all the air is out of it and then the pedal will work, usually takes about 15-30 mins depending on whos doing the job</TD></TR></TABLE>
all the info you need go bleed it now.
Old 02-12-2006, 07:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i wish i can go bleed it now its almost 12a.m i think imma have to have someone check out it for me 2morrow then thanks
Old 02-12-2006, 07:40 PM
my house has wheels on it

another thing you might consider...... the cold air has some affects on the rubber seals and hoses that are part of the hydraulic system.

you should check your floorboard for signs of leakage where the master cylinder comes thru the firewall.
Old 02-12-2006, 07:47 PM

i vote for bleeding the slave cylinder. check to make sure it isnt leaking. i had the same exact prob when i had my old engine and i go home the same way you did.
Old 02-12-2006, 07:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re:

so then it has nuttin to do with burnin my clutch or gettin a new slave cylinder right?? kets hope it just needs to be bleed
Old 02-12-2006, 08:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Re: (dthug)

just sounds like it needs to be bled. you might as well try that first cuz it won't cost you anything to do and you will know in 15 minutes if that is what is wrong, that is unless there is a leak somewhere...
Old 02-13-2006, 07:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re:

to bleed the clutch can i use manual clutch fluid? thats what the people in autozone gave me they said its the same as dot3 brake fluid is this true?
Old 02-13-2006, 08:07 AM

Default Re: Re: (dthug)

Yes. Same as Dot-3.

Check the floor near the clutch master on both the inside and outside of the firewall. Make sure nothing looks wet. Then check the area near the slave and make sure nothing looks wet. Also, have a look at the reservoir. Make sure nothing looks wet around it. Follow the lines from the master to the slave and make sure nothing looks like it leaking.

If you are confident you have no leaks, bleed the system until you see no air coming from the bleeder on the slave cylinder.

Your clutch will then be fine.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re:

ok my friend came ov er and he fixed it for me. i didn't know what thing i had to bleed i felt stuppid when he showed me.. thans guys for the help really aprritiate it
Old 02-17-2006, 05:31 PM

i'm having problems with my clutch too. its too spongy and it grabs way less than half way up. did you have the same problem?