Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

civic sedan motor swap

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 06:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default civic sedan motor swap

I finnaly got all my money together to buy the motor I want and even got the money together for all the parts I need as well as the turbo... Problem is that I'm stuck on what engine to buy. I've wanted an ITR for a long time. The more i read up on the ITR engines the more I hear that its a waste of money. If you were looking for a motor for your car and you knew you were going to throw about another 8k into it. What motor would you go with? Any help is appreciated. I'm looking to get the most power possible. By the way. My car is a 96 ex civic sedan.
Old 02-19-2004, 06:44 PM
Risky Business

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Re: civic sedan motor swap (Dr. Pepper)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dr. Pepper &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I finnaly got all my money together to buy the motor I want and even got the money together for all the parts I need as well as the turbo... Problem is that I'm stuck on what engine to buy</TD></TR></TABLE>

Do LS turbo. Less money on engine more for turbo, stronger bottom end for turbo to begin with.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dr. Pepper &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I've wanted an ITR for a long time. The more i read up on the ITR engines the more I hear that its a waste of money.</TD></TR></TABLE>

They are not. They are basically a race-ready daily drivable reliable OEM Honda engine. But, if you're just gonna rip it apart and rebuild it for turbo, don't even bother.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dr. Pepper &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What motor would you go with? Any help is appreciated. I'm looking to get the most power possible. By the way. My car is a 96 ex civic sedan.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Talk to B18BEK on this board. He has a 1998 EX sedan with an LS turbo on stock internals putting out 323WHP and 270WTQ...that enough to convince you?
Old 02-19-2004, 06:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: civic sedan motor swap (BauleyCivic)

wow. thanx man. stock internals huh? well my dad an i plan on ripping apart the whole entire block and rebuilding so i figured it woulda been better to go with either the ls or the b16 but i think the ls is even better.