Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Civic Problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 05:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Civic Problems

Hi, everyone. Im looking forward to buying a used Civic 92-00, n I was wondering what are commom problems for Civics of those years and do Civics have an oil loss problem at high mileages?
Old 07-19-2005, 06:17 PM

Default Re: Civic Problems (DDragon7)

I have a 97 ex. The window regulators tend to go out on these which causes the windows to go off trac and u have to buy a new regulator from honda for 40 bucks. Im not sure if its all but i have a friend who had the same problem in his 98 and another girl has the problem in her 99. Also mine leaks oil from the oilpan gasket. I tried changing it but when i did i snapped a bolt in half so thats prolly why it leaks now. Also when i went to change the springs on my car, all the bolts in the lower control arms were seized in the bushings except in the front right. so i had to take a torch and a sawzall to them and order new bolts and nuts from honda.Oh yea and a polyurethane bushing kit from prothane. But other than that ive had no problems
Old 07-19-2005, 06:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Civic Problems (reddohcvtec)

I have a 97 hx and my window came off track one day couple winters ago. I was going through the drive thru but somehow it got off track and wouldn't come up but so far, so after work I pulled it inside even though it was still freezing cold. I pulled the door panel off and there is a bolt in the lower front and if I remember correctly I had to remove the speaker to get to it. Anyways I took that bolt out and it allowed me to swing the track back and forth and I got it back around the edge of the glass and pulled it as tight as I could and tightened the bolt back up. Fortuneately it hasn't come off since, so it might of just been a freak thing. As far as oil leaks go, mine has 147,000 miles and doesn't leak a drop and doesn't use any between changes. For the rusted bolt suspension problems I suggest using a really good penetrating spray such as kroil or pb blaster such as them and use heat on the bolts so you can break them loose. A lot of people talk about the two phillips screws that hold the rotors on and how tight they are, just use some heat and an impact driver and they'll come right out. But I will say thanks for the tips on those bolts because I'd like to put new struts on sometime soon and now I know what I'm gonna be up against.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:42 PM

Default Re: Civic Problems (Kista20)

Well as for the window..i fixed it 1285834722 times and got tired of it so i just got a new regulator...as for the bolts.i used like 2 cans of kroil and it didnt do ****..air gun didnt do ****..heated them up beat them with a hammer..nothin so torched them off..it was a lot of trouble for some little stuff like that
Old 07-19-2005, 11:24 PM
Global Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn, paragraphs OWN YOU ALL.
There was a thread about this maybe two days ago??

Since your new to the forum.. look around search.. dont just start making random threads.

https://honda-tech.com/zerosearch
Old 07-20-2005, 01:28 PM

Default Re: (Jimmy)

Oh sorry, jus taht this forum goes so fast, my thread is already on the 4th page in one day.