Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Checking interest: possible write-up on EG/EH/EJ sunroof/moonroof removal

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 11:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Checking interest: possible write-up on EG/EH/EJ sunroof/moonroof removal

I've noticed that it seems that quite a few people ask about how to pull the sunroof on their EG/EH/EJ whatever. The questions often get answered with info that might be right for an EK, but doesn't necessarily work for an EG.

I know that I've explained how to do it on several occasions, and a thorough search should turn up those instructions. So far, I haven't encountered a full write-up on sunroof/moonroof removal in an EG. So, I've decided that if H-T so desires, I can do a full write-up w/ pics and text on how to pull the sunroof/moonroof in your hatch/coupe/sedan.

Lets hear it for people who want it. If no one wants this info, I won't go to the trouble of doing making a write-up on it.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:27 PM
HT Order of Merit

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Checking interest: possible write-up on EG/EH/EJ sunroof/moonroof removal (qat727)

Removing the sunroof is very straightforward, but another write-up is always good.

Remove Headliner

Disconnect drain hoses and wireharness for the sunroof.

Remove screws.

Remove sunroof...

Unless of corse, your talking about a sunroof delete, which would be handy to have.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Checking interest: possible write-up on EG/EH/EJ sunroof/moonroof removal (JDM_Ej)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM_Ej &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Removing the sunroof is very straightforward, but another write-up is always good.

Remove Headliner

Disconnect drain hoses and wireharness for the sunroof.

Remove screws.

Remove sunroof...

Unless of corse, your talking about a sunroof delete, which would be handy to have.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I would say that you'd be surprised about how much misinformation gets passed around, but anyone who's been here a while already knows.

I was planning on doing one w/ how to remove just the glass, glass installation, glass height adjustment, and complete assembly removal. I do have a coupe parts car here that I guess I could try my hand at sunroof delete on, but I haven't tried that one before.

As it is, if I do a write-up on this, I was planning on having it be comprehensive, so that there wouldn't be any more people saying that there is a plastic trim bezel that needs to be removed to get to the glass, or that the headliner needs to be pulled for glass removal. Just little bits of information that are a b!tch to someone trying to work off of the instructions they get from here. That and the other stuff you wouldn't necessarily think about, like how to get the glass adjusted to the frame.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:52 PM
HT Order of Merit

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Checking interest: possible write-up on EG/EH/EJ sunroof/moonroof removal (qat727)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by qat727 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I would say that you'd be surprised about how much misinformation gets passed around, but anyone who's been here a while already knows.

I was planning on doing one w/ how to remove just the glass, glass installation, glass height adjustment, and complete assembly removal. I do have a coupe parts car here that I guess I could try my hand at sunroof delete on, but I haven't tried that one before.

As it is, if I do a write-up on this, I was planning on having it be comprehensive, so that there wouldn't be any more people saying that there is a plastic trim bezel that needs to be removed to get to the glass, or that the headliner needs to be pulled for glass removal. Just little bits of information that are a b!tch to someone trying to work off of the instructions they get from here. That and the other stuff you wouldn't necessarily think about, like how to get the glass adjusted to the frame. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Ok yea thats different then. I've taken sunroof assemblys apart before, and that **** isn't fun, or simple. Many little parts and such. I say go for it.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Checking interest: possible write-up on EG/EH/EJ sunroof/moonroof removal (JDM_Ej)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM_Ej &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that **** isn't fun, or simple. Many little parts and such. I say go for it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

True that. And you want to murder someone when you drop one of those shims and they go down between the seat and the console. Ask me how I know

Well, I've got one yes so far. Lets hear it for some more. If I do this, I think some of it will have to wait until it gets a bit warmer around her, especially if I will be messing with my parts car for this. Maybe it's just because I'm in the south, but 30 something degrees seems cold.

Oh yeah.... JDM_Ej my gf said she liked your avatar.