Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Changed out fuel injector wires, Only firing on 3 now.

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 09:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changed out fuel injector wires, Only firing on 3 now.

been messing with this thing for a few days now, and as noob as it feels, i'm just posting to get opinions or suggestions on what this may be.

here's my setup. 1998 civic cx hatch. b18b1 engine, gsr trans, fullrace turbo setup, garrett .63 trim turbo, 450cc injectors w/ resistors, 10.1psi tune. hondata s300, omni-power 4bar map.

here's the deal. a resistor end broke off the wire for my injectors, started missing. well i re-wire it up, and it's running great. well i go ahead and make the decision to clean up the wiring, and go in and replace the bad looking wires for the injectors, with some nice new pretty wires. i get it all done, nice and clean. start the car up. only hitting on 3 cylinders. #4 is getting no feed to the injector. spark is great, plug is good. so i think that i've messed injector #4 wire up, so just to test it, i run a wire strait from the injector wire into the cabin and hook it up to the wire coming right out of the harness. start the car, no change, still missing. so now i think that my feed wire is the culporate. t-tap the feed wire to the feed wire for #1 injector to get power. start car, no change yet again. changed out the fuel injectors to stock injectors to see if it was a bad injector. stocks are in, hondata is set for 240's. start up, still missing. change plugs, still missing. the only thing i haven't done is strip the harness down to see if i may have broke the wire in the harness somewhere. i'm hoping a praying i didn't eff up my hondata and fry it for the injector. would make me sick to dish out another $600 for that. i'm about out of options to the problem. if anyone could please put any insight to this or and suggestions for the prob, please let me know asap. i want to drive my car bad. thanks!
Old 09-04-2009, 10:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Re: Changed out fuel injector wires, Only firing on 3 now.

Does the #4 injector get battery voltage and does the #4 wire running to the ECU lack continuity or have a short?
Old 09-07-2009, 07:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Changed out fuel injector wires, Only firing on 3 now.

hooked a 194 bulb up to the connector, and no pulse....tried hooking a stock ecu up with stock injectors, fires up and runs smooth, just can't boost it past 5psi or fuel cut, which i wouldn't run anyways. i'm really hoping i didn't fry my hondata board, but the ecu is definitely the culperate. anyone ever have this prob? i'm gonna call hondata tomorrow about sending the ecu to them to check it out, and if it's fixable or if i can at least just put the board into another p28 or something. i'd really hate to have to dump another 500-600 bucks on another hondata s300. makes me sick to think about it...