Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

CAR WONT TURN OVER WTF!!! ANSWER THIS PLEASE!!! NEED HELP!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 05:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CAR WONT TURN OVER WTF!!! ANSWER THIS PLEASE!!! NEED HELP!!!!!!

Last night I was bored so I took out my auto brake pedal and installed the manual brake pedal on the auto bracket (which is a bad idea because the rubber stop (for the brake light sensor) on the auto pedal is on in the same position on the manual).

So I took the rubber stop off the manual pedal and has some metal scraps lying around and cut one long enough to reach from the rubber stop on the manual pedal to the sensor on the auto bracket and screwed the metal piece to the manual pedal so when the pedal is not being pressed in by your foot, the metal piece will hit the sensor to turn your brake lights off.

Well I had my battery power and ground still connected while doing this. I think I disconnected that brake light sensor throughout the pedal swap but I highly doubt this caused my car to not start this morning.

Last night when I was done with the pedal swap I turned my car on to see if the brake lights would work and they did. I turned the car off and locked the doors and went to bed. Got up and the car wouldnt start. IT DIDNT EVEN MAKE A NOISE WHEN I TURNED THE KEY! A friend said it was the battey but my dome lights, headlights, gauge lights, brake lights all come on. Booster Pak said it was charged. Battery Charger said it was charged.

What could the problem be? I checked the wire that runs to the starter.. its connected.

Is it my starter? Is it the battery? If anyone has any info on what it could be or any advice to try let me know.

I even tried turning the car on with the booster pack connected to battery and that didnt work. I am so lost.

Could it be from something I did the night before or just a mishaps that happened out of nowhere like bad starter or altinator?
Old 01-24-2007, 05:32 PM

Default Re: CAR WONT TURN OVER WTF!!! ANSWER THIS PLEASE!!! NEED HELP!!!!!! (hypnotiqcivic99)

bump... anyone?
Old 01-24-2007, 05:52 PM

Default Re: CAR WONT TURN OVER WTF!!! ANSWER THIS PLEASE!!! NEED HELP!!!!!! (hypnotiqcivic99)

tttt.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On my 97 there's a big wire connector under the dash over by the door. If I nail the connector with my left foot when getting out of the car, it breaks the connection, and the car does exactly what you describe - interior lights work, but it won't turn over.

First time it happened the car was ~4 days old, I had no freakin' clue what I'd done, took the dealership a couple hours to figure it out - they replaced the connectors for free, though I had to eat the towing charge. The second time it happened I just jammed the connector back together and it started fine. After that I decided to change the way I get out of the car, and there hasn't been a third time (almost 10 years now).

So my advice would be to make sure you didn't disconnect anything around the periphery of where you were working. Might've nudged the wrong connector with your shoulder or something.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:36 PM

Thanks for the help. I will check tomorrow. Time to go to bed