Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Car wont start... i suspect the worst... :( PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 10:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon3 Car wont start... i suspect the worst... :( PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

i drive a 1994 EG hatch DX. ok so today my car wouldnt start so i poped the hood and was lookin around for something, didnt find anything (all fuses good, coil shootin spark, etc...) so i went to go try it again and relised that my clock wasnt working, along with when you turn the key to the on possition the check engine light and oil light didnt come on breifly like they should... and my SRS light didnt come on like it normaly stays on cuz i disconected my airbags... but the lights that light up the speedo and tach, etc... work just fine when i turn my headlights on......????????

so i was lookin under my dash for bad fuses (all looked fine) i noticed a good amount of water driping on the top of my fuse box and running down it (due to my windsheild leaking from it raining) then looked over and i see water dropping from under my dash on my passengers side too... what could this have messed up that wouldnt alowe me to start my car?????

im letting my car dry over night cuz it stopped raining, in theory drying everything out and hopeing it will work by morning...

please help! i appriciate everyones responces greatly since im planning on driving down to scottsdale arizona, from seattle, washington in less then a week......
Old 04-20-2010, 11:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Car wont start... i suspect the worst... :( PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

sounds like you have a water leak from the windshield that is causing your problems.... let it dry and if it starts your lucky!!!! go to autozone or w/e auto parts store by your house and buy some silicone thats for water take off the windshield plastic and silicone it then put it back on
Old 04-20-2010, 11:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by burnykawizzle
sounds like you have a water leak from the windshield that is causing your problems.... let it dry and if it starts your lucky!!!! go to autozone or w/e auto parts store by your house and buy some silicone thats for water take off the windshield plastic and silicone it then put it back on
what could it possibly do? could i have to replace the fuse box? could i have to replace some relays? cuz its done this before but it would take like 15 minutes or so for my car to start... whats like the worst case senario? and whats what it most likely is???
Old 04-20-2010, 11:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

check your main relay i had a 94 teggy and one day it just died on me and wouldent start i put in a new fuelpump & filter and a whole bunch of trial and error found out it was just the main relay burnt out ..
Old 04-20-2010, 11:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by muahhaha
check your main relay i had a 94 teggy and one day it just died on me and wouldent start i put in a new fuelpump & filter and a whole bunch of trial and error found out it was just the main relay burnt out ..
i already swapped the main relay from my buddys hatch to see if that was the problem and it had the same problem... so idk... any other ideas???
Old 04-21-2010, 12:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

idunno maybe its shorted out the power to your fuel pump? im stumped
Old 04-21-2010, 01:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

but what would cause the check engine light not turn on momentarly when you turn the key on along with the oil light and SRS light? also my clock isnt working as well... and my car is turning over fine but not firing... im stumpped... any more ideas///please help
Old 04-21-2010, 04:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you turn on the ignition all the way you can hear the fuel pump working or not... its like a low buzz sound.. if you don't hear it then i suggest for you to change your main relay
Old 04-21-2010, 07:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks the help every one! but it turned out to be my ignition swith... it wasnt sending the signal to my computer that the car was trying to start... which would cause the fuel pump not to pump, dizzy to get no spark. and the dash lights and clock not to work when i turned the key to the on position. cuz it wasnt letting the computer know that the key is on the on position... took many hours of brain storming and working but its fixed now... thank you every one who replyed
Old 04-21-2010, 09:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thats good to hear...about the leak do no use any regular silicone because silicone will cause rust, use window polyurethane that can be found at autozone or pepboys
Old 04-22-2010, 01:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by slowassBubble
thats good to hear...about the leak do no use any regular silicone because silicone will cause rust, use window polyurethane that can be found at autozone or pepboys
thanks for the advise but im just gunna have my windsheild replaced by speedy glass cuz its cracked bad anyways... so they should do a good enough job sealing it up...