Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

can and HID kit work on aftermarket projectors??need input

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 04:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can and HID kit work on aftermarket projectors??need input

i have a EK1 and just wondering bout putting a HID kit on my Halo projectors and if anybodys ever been sucessful. if not think im gonna get some yellow fogs
Old 04-30-2007, 04:58 PM

Default Re: can and HID kit work on aftermarket projectors??need input (spotscivic)

i've heard about "retro- fittin" dont know much about it, just that you take a high-end car projector and put it in your houseing... that gives the best cut off and that "look" everyone is after!!!
Old 04-30-2007, 05:01 PM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

1) You don't have an EK1. You don't have an EK anything. You have an EJ6.

2) Don't use HIDs on your aftermarket projectors. The HID kit you would be using is **** anyways (plug and play), and the projectors are crappy in the first place, and are also designed for halogen light.

You need to retrofit in HID projectors with actual HID bulbs (D1S, D2S, D3S). Maxima, S2000, TL, Escalade, etc are good candidates for donor parts.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:28 PM

Default Re: (Eran)

didnt ask for a dick response but you have your own problems. just asking a question about headlights not politics ther hot ****
Old 05-15-2007, 06:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

retro fit is best..if you go with plug n play then ur gonna start blinding everyone on the road and cause accidents
Old 05-15-2007, 06:31 PM
HT White Ops

Default Re: (spotscivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spotscivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">didnt ask for a dick response but you have your own problems. just asking a question about headlights not politics ther hot ****</TD></TR></TABLE>

I gave you the answer you needed. It may not be the answer you wanted. Next time I'll just lie and say

"OMG, plug n play hidz r so l33t. U shud put them in ur tyte jdm projetorz ... itl be sweet, y0!"

******* retard.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:35 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: (spotscivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">1) You don't have an EK1. You don't have an EK anything. You have an EJ6.

2) Don't use HIDs on your aftermarket projectors. The HID kit you would be using is **** anyways (plug and play), and the projectors are crappy in the first place, and are also designed for halogen light.

You need to retrofit in HID projectors with actual HID bulbs (D1S, D2S, D3S). Maxima, S2000, TL, Escalade, etc are good candidates for donor parts.</TD></TR></TABLE>
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spotscivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">didnt ask for a dick response but you have your own problems. just asking a question about headlights not politics ther hot ****</TD></TR></TABLE>
You thought that was a dick responce?

LMFAO. Welcome to Honda-Tech. You're going to love it here.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:49 PM

Default Re: (NOFX)

You gotta watch out on those after market projectors... cuz when your blinker fluid gets low your screwed!
Old 05-15-2007, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ekb16)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ekb16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">retro fit is best..if you go with plug n play then ur gonna start blinding everyone on the road and cause accidents</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not true if you lower ur headlights... you will have a ugly lookin glare but not blinding others.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (uneek360)

some take hid fine, but i'll heat up and mess up later.
chek this out
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1948720
Old 05-15-2007, 10:36 PM
HT White Ops

Default Re: (EvilPhu)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EvilPhu &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">some take hid fine, but i'll heat up and mess up later.
chek this out
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1948720</TD></TR></TABLE>

Heat up?

HIDs run colder than Halogen bulbs.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Eran)

I'm not talking about which one run cooler. The projector reflector(back half of the projector) Happen to me before I did retro. It turn yellowish and bubble up a bit.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:06 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOFX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You thought that was a dick responce?

LMFAO. Welcome to Honda-Tech. You're going to love it here.</TD></TR></TABLE>

no there is alot of trolls in the 92-00 civic forumn just get used to it, mainly eran, nofx, ek something(forget his second part, and a few others

just ignore what the trolls say and get some info from others and itll be fine

the way i see it is they troll becuase they have nothing better to do, have no skill what so ever and no money to do anything that goes passed jdm ing out the car so they hate

this will be my only remark towards the trolls just some freindly advice, but the plug and play hid kits are not the best route to go, especially with aftermarket lights such as APC or TYC

you cna modify you orignal headlights to run hid retro fits for the best quality, but if your in a pinch for cash save it and wait till you have enough for the retro kit
Old 05-16-2007, 12:07 AM
HT White Ops

Default Re: (Team RS2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Team RS2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

no there is alot of trolls in the 92-00 civic forumn just get used to it, mainly eran, nofx, ek something(forget his second part, and a few others

the way i see it is they troll becuase they have nothing better to do, have no skill what so ever and no money to do anything that goes passed jdm ing out the car so they hate

this will be my only remark towards the trolls just some freindly advice, but the plug and play hid kits are not the best route to go, especially with aftermarket lights such as APC or TYC

you cna modify you orignal headlights to run hid retro fits for the best quality, but if your in a pinch for cash save it and wait till you have enough for the retro kit </TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm a troll?

Hah. Get the fvck out. I help more people in one day than you have your entire life on this site.

All you've done that's helpful in this thread is regurgitate what's already been said.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:09 AM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: (Team RS2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Team RS2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">no there is alot of trolls in the 92-00 civic forumn just get used to it, mainly eran, nofx, ek something(forget his second part, and a few others

you cna modify you orignal headlights to run hid retro fits for the best quality, but if your in a pinch for cash save it and wait till you have enough for the retro kit </TD></TR></TABLE>
I'm FAR from a troll. I help people. I put significant time into helping people. I don't see you doing the same.

Just because I don't like to see people not try to help themselves does not make me a troll. I at least try to point lazy people in the right direction, sometimes even posting exactly what they need to search Google for in order to find what they want someone else to find for them.

You've been here a mind blowing 13 days. Stick around awhile more, read and learn and then maybe you'll change your mind on what a troll is.
Old 05-16-2007, 02:28 AM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Team RS2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

AAHAhaahahAAAahaaahaahHAAAhHAaHAHHhaHAhahHAahAA

I'm a troll. I don't know as much as NOFX or Eran But i've certainly helped more people in the past year than you might in 2 years.

At least I don't give misinformation and ask OP's is a 305 is a de-stroked 350. And then you call me out on not turning wrenches. Jump in a hole.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Team RS2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">or just buy a local 305 arent they common? or a 350 arent 305 just de stroked 350's? </TD></TR></TABLE>

You're just all butt-hurt because you got called out on several different handing out's of misinformation and you can't fake the funk about car modding.
Old 05-16-2007, 02:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ek forever guy)

just get your yellow fogs. then save up for a retro
Old 05-16-2007, 02:34 AM
Ek Forever y0!

Here's an enlighteneing thread of yours.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1985044

It went like this:
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Team RS2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have about 6 honda cars parked at my house, and about 10 motors sitting in my garage, i just like how honda cars especially 88-00 civics and all integras <U></U>exept gen 1 are swappleable with each otehr you can go to a junkyard with a stock civic and walk away making it a semi quick street car (rear discs, teg motor, etc etc)

whats a good cheap platform to start off on with a volkswagen car that i can easily upgrade with a slew of volks/audi parts at a junkyard or something cheap? </TD></TR></TABLE>

You came to A honda forum to ask about VW's?

Some of your posts in this are astounding, like interchanging outboard motor parts with honda motors or

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Team RS2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey just looking for a blown outboard motor, nothing on CL, ebay has like nothing and junkyard i hit up have zip

particularly honda outboard motors that share alot in common with auto engines </TD></TR></TABLE>

WTF

Old 05-16-2007, 02:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

dude calm down lol. just IM eachother
Old 05-16-2007, 02:43 AM
Ek Forever y0!

Default Re: (Thizzed Out)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Thizzed Out &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dude calm down lol. just IM eachother</TD></TR></TABLE>

That would probably be adult like and more responsible but it's more fun to publicly embarrass him.
Old 05-16-2007, 02:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

so true...carry on.
Old 05-16-2007, 05:13 AM

Is this Highschool-Tech or honda-tech