Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Cable to hyrdo clutch issues!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 04:29 PM
Wheres my titleeeee!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cable to hyrdo clutch issues!

Ok so heres the deal. My buddy bought an Eg hatch with an LS Vtec in it and the tranny on it is an B16 SiR tranny LSD. The previouis owner had a norcore clutch on there and a hasport cable to hyrdo adapter kit. Well the other night he was driving, the cluthc felt a little stiffer than usual, no biggy he parked it and went out for a lil bit. Got back in, pedal is low to the floor but has pressure. Very hard to push in and catches very low. Ok, i get on the ground whip out an 8mm wrench and bleed the clutch for him! Still no difference. So the next day he brings the car to my shop (now let it be known the car was an Auto to manual swapped vehicle!) And i adjust his pedal on the back where the plunger for the clutch master is. Well i notice his pedal is cocked to the left a little bit! Overlooked it becuase i knew the kid who dfrove the car before was a big dude and was very heave on nailing the clutch. So i bleed it, replaced the slave cylinder because it was not getting any better. Well he starts the car and it will not go into gear. So, at that momenbt in time i said screw it. I pulled the transmission off to find a bent pressure plate. Ok, thought i solved the problem. Today, i put a brand new norcore 4 puck clutch in it for him. Line everything up mint smooth as a whistle. Bolt everything back up and lo and behold. Still wont go into gear. Hmm Ok, lets check the clutch hose.. Whoo its expanding... As late as it was i just said screw it and ran a 10MM Hard line from the master to a union, to the slave cylinder. Bled it out for about 40 minutes. Yet again the car still will not go into gear and the pedal feels very stiff.! The only other 2 options i can consider are the master or the pedal assembly. Which both will be here tomorrow becuase i already had them ordered. Any suggestions? I am at whitts end with this car.! hes had it for 2 weeks now and its been in the shop for at least 1 and a half because it keeps breaking down!.. I know the motor is good and solid but the kidf hacked the harness together and just rushed it completely. The motor is actually really well built and very very fast. I just want to see the kid's money not go to waste becuase in thge last week he has dumped over 600 bux to get it going and yet it still isnt going.. Any ideas?