Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

A/C gurus need your help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 05:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C gurus need your help!!!

Let me begin by saying I went to a professional to get my a/c topped off. I went back the next day, because it was not cold, he searched for a leak and found one in the high pressure side hose. Got that fixed with a new hose and replaced the reciever/drier for good measure. Got the system pulled into vacuum and topped off. Checked the temp inside the cab and its blowing 60 degrees. Just out of curiousity I cross checked this with my moms 96 Jeep with no maintence work to the a/c system and hers is blowing 42 degrees. So I guess my question would be how can I get my temp down?

CLIFFS:
Had a/c system filled by pro
Blowing 60 degrees currently
Mothers 96 Jeep is blowing 40 degrees
How do I get colder?
Old 09-17-2007, 06:08 PM

Default Re: A/C gurus need your help!!! (Pure Sol)

Did you check both vehicles at the same outside temerature? That has a big affect on how cold your A/C gets. Otherwise make sure the condensor is clean. If your A/c system is topped of, your not going to get much colder.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: A/C gurus need your help!!! (stock_honda_coupe)

Yes both vehicles were checked at the same temp and both were sitting still. I checked the condenser and made sure it was clean of debris. Im not too keen on a/c systems and all but it just seems like I should be getting a colder reading than that.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: A/C gurus need your help!!! (Pure Sol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Pure Sol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yes both vehicles were checked at the same temp and both were sitting still. I checked the condenser and made sure it was clean of debris. Im not too keen on a/c systems and all but it just seems like I should be getting a colder reading than that.</TD></TR></TABLE>

some a/c systems just blow colder than others. I've been in a infinty g20 and compared the a/c system to my EJ8...the G20's a/c was at least 10degrees colder.

Try having a black car, untinted, and been sitting in the heat for 1hour+. Man my a/c doesn't get cold at all. I'd have to be driving on the freeway for 10mins or so and then it would start getting somewhat cold. I've check all my lines for leaks and checked the pressure. At the moment though my a/c is out, my a/c compressor went out on me.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: A/C gurus need your help!!! (bmoua)

So basically the thought is, its blowing as cold as it is going to get?? For some reason I don't buy that. I agree with the fact that vehicles do blow different temps. But for some reason I just think it should be blowing colder than what it is. I thought I saw a post on here awhile back with some guy fixing his a/c in a parking lot. But I can't seem to find that post. Any more help is appreciated.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Alot of domestic cars automatically go to recirc mode when you turn the a/c up all the way. Are you sure you compared them fairly, with yours on high with recirc? Put yours on recirculate and see how cold it gets after it keeps re-cooling the same air.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:43 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (klungemonger)

in the FAQ post theres a list of stuff and one of those is the A/C guy doing his thing in the parking lot
Old 09-18-2007, 07:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (CivicUtah)

yes sir compared the same blower speed and both were on recirc. Thanks I'll have to look into that. I was talking to one of my buddys with a older civic and he said his TXV and evaporator were clogged up, could be worth checking into I guess.