Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Broken rear motor mount? wtf?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 01:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broken rear motor mount? wtf?

Alright so my exhaust and cat have been scrapeing the ground alot lately and i kinda just thought of it being because my car is slammed, well i checked it tonight actually i was just looking under the hood, and i saw that my rear lower motor mount is snapped in half, not the rubber the steel....i dont know how the He** that happens never had it happen before, and i was wondering if you guys can help me on how hard is it to replace? what could have caused this? is there anything else i need to look at? i mean this is a new thing to me.....thanks alot guys....

Jdm D15b 12.1 compression 35 shot....
Old 01-18-2009, 04:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Broken rear motor mount? wtf?

Bump need help please i need to fix it tomarrow....
Old 01-18-2009, 04:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It's not the hardest thing to replace. Three bolts connecting the bushing to the body. One long bolt connecting the bushing to the bracket on the motor and three more bolts connecting the bracket to the block (one on the passenger side and two on the driver side going into the trans) It's pretty straight forward. If you're doing it by yourself on the floor it might be a little harder but i did it with a lift and some help it took us an hour to do all three mounts only because i had to keep arguing with some kid with a gsr who wants to sellout for a Srt4.
Old 01-18-2009, 04:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

lol alright thanks man, i mean it just looks bad because the mounts huge, and its nearly on the ground
Old 01-18-2009, 04:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It probably was the Nawwzz that broke it. ;D

Remove your intake and canister. It's much easier to do it that way. We brought the mount through the bottom on the driver side. When you put it back together the two bolts that go into the tranny are kind of a pain. I had someone push back and forth on the motor until they lined up to put the bolts in. The center bolt for the bushing that bolts in the body is fun too. Used 4 extensions. If you look between your intake manifold and the firewall from directly above you can see the bolt down inbetween the bracket and the mount.
Old 01-18-2009, 04:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

awesome!...thanks man, and btw, i didnt break it by being juiced lol i havent ran it all winter yet....i only juice on track im not a ricer ;D lol
Old 01-18-2009, 09:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

okay now one other question....from that being broken is there something i could have damaged by it leaking fluid? cuz for some reason i have little oily spots under neither my car when i drive away and its not too little i mean its as much as a pop can can hold if dumped on the ground...
Old 01-19-2009, 03:26 AM

i had the same problem ur exhaust is gonna be soundin pretty funny might have to make sure all ur bolts r tight.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 924doorEG
okay now one other question....from that being broken is there something i could have damaged by it leaking fluid? cuz for some reason i have little oily spots under neither my car when i drive away and its not too little i mean its as much as a pop can can hold if dumped on the ground...
That sounds like a lot of something on the ground. Things to check make sure that the oil pan isn't damaged from hitting something, look around the trans for oil leak and the timing belt cover, make sure none of the coolant hoses are damaged or leaking from the motor being able to swing.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by instructor74
That sounds like a lot of something on the ground. Things to check make sure that the oil pan isn't damaged from hitting something, look around the trans for oil leak and the timing belt cover, make sure none of the coolant hoses are damaged or leaking from the motor being able to swing.

I agree here...
I read that you snapped that rear tranny mount.. This is a pretty solid mount imo and if you're leaking oil now you might have bottomed out to hard and ripped the pan where where as it twisted your mount in half... a pop can is a lot to be leaking... Did you touch your oil filter at all?
Howd you remove the 3 bolts from the tranny side? Impact gun?

HondaMotive
Old 01-20-2009, 04:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

naw it was just the rear tranny mount bracket....and i snapped it clean in half....but when it was in the air i looked and the oil pan is good, one small dent, and everything else looks good but i do see oil on the tranny and stuff i think it might the dizzy o ring? but when we pulled the rear mount bracket off the motor mount looked good so thank god it was just the bracket....
Old 01-20-2009, 06:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check the seal where your shift linkage goes into the tranny. You may have bounced that seal off the ground, causing your leak.