Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

brake problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2003, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brake problem

i just installed a new brake booster. After about 5 minutes of driving, the brakes lock up completely. I'm unable to move the pedal and can't move the car. The only way to relieve pressure is to loosen the brakes lines from the master cylinder(then I have to rebleed the brakes). What could cause this to happen? The car is pretty much undrivable now because of this

BTW i have a 93 si
Old 09-17-2003, 07:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: brake problem (miataguy)

Let me guess...

The master cylinder and the brake booster didn`t come from the same car?

I had this exact problem when I got a new RS master cylinder with my GSR brake booster installing 5 lug.

Living hell!

You need to either trim the booster push rod so that the master cylinder mounts FLUSH with the booster, and NOT pushing on the rod when you install the master cylinder.

OR

I believe you can also adjust the booster from the other end (where the pin goes locking onto the brake pedal) and adjust it so the master cylinder mounts FLUSH onto the booster.

Believe me -- that was living hell.

Keep us posted.
Old 09-19-2003, 10:43 AM

Default Re: brake problem (poison)

the master cylinder is 15/16 (from 91 civic ex i believe). I had replaced it a few months ago thinking it would solve my problem, but there was no difference. I just bought a brake booster at peps boys for a 93 si(my car). I wouldn't see why they wouldn't be compatible
Old 09-19-2003, 10:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: brake problem (poison)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by poison &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You need to either trim the booster push rod so that the master cylinder mounts FLUSH with the booster, and NOT pushing on the rod when you install the master cylinder.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

i dont understand why anyone would have to do this though... from what i read from many of TOMS posts he stated that the integra RS booster and master cylinder was a direct bolt on to the 92-95 civics and no modifications were needed to make it work. and he said that he had this setup. sorry i just got confused. also in your other thread tou posted about your dash swap you showed that you installed tyou booster and master cylinder. on that post you said you installed a gsr booster and M/C but now you said RS booster which was it?