Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Bouncy ride

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 09:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bouncy ride

I have skunk2 coilovers with stock shocks. My ride is really bouncy when going over bumps. I have heard skunk2 coilovers are bouncy but wouldn't adjustable shocks fix a lot of the problem? thinking kyb agx's or koni illuminas. So what I am asking is how much bounce can i take out?
Old 09-16-2007, 09:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yea your shocks are probly blown out get some new ones
Old 09-16-2007, 09:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Bouncy ride (95civicdx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95civicdx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have skunk2 coilovers with stock shocks. My ride is really bouncy when going over bumps. I have heard skunk2 coilovers are bouncy but wouldn't adjustable shocks fix a lot of the problem? thinking kyb agx's or koni illuminas. So what I am asking is how much bounce can i take out?</TD></TR></TABLE>

any coilover/spring combined with stock shocks will be bouncy. The bounciness is caused by two problems. 1. running stock shocks 2. your running semi high spring rates for a DD. Most people who get the sk2 coilovers see it as a cheaper alternative than ground controls. What most dont understand is the sk2 slip over coilovers run a higher spring rate therefore ride quality is sacrificed. Though handling will improve compared GC's OTS spring rates. I believe the rates for sk2 coilovers are 446F/335R. From what your stating your looking for a softer ride correct?

To answer question, yes adj. shocks will soften your ride but only to a certain extent. Your best bet is selling the sk2 coilovers and picking up some new/used GC (OTS) spring rates.

As for shocks, either shock setup is good for a DD. If your looking for a more performance than the illuminas will do it.

Old 09-16-2007, 09:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Bouncy ride (bmoua)

when i go over bumps in the road i bounce up and down in my seat, almost like i'm going to lose my lunch. I just don't want to bounce out of my seat. There is a portion on my way to and from home that if i go fast my car bounces like crazy, almost to the point where i feel like i'm going to lose control. That's the feeling i want to get rid of.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Bouncy ride (95civicdx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95civicdx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">when i go over bumps in the road i bounce up and down in my seat, almost like i'm going to lose my lunch. I just don't want to bounce out of my seat. There is a portion on my way to and from home that if i go fast my car bounces like crazy, almost to the point where i feel like i'm going to lose control. That's the feeling i want to get rid of.</TD></TR></TABLE>

you can throw on some adj. shocks and see how you like it. It should lighten up things and give a you a better ride.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Bouncy ride (bmoua)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95civicdx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have skunk2 coilovers with stock shocks. My ride is really bouncy when going over bumps. I have heard skunk2 coilovers are bouncy but wouldn't adjustable shocks fix a lot of the problem? thinking kyb agx's or koni illuminas. So what I am asking is how much bounce can i take out?</TD></TR></TABLE> Yea, Skunks are bouncy. I have Ground controls with Tokico Blues and the ride is nice.
Old 09-29-2007, 12:43 PM

Default Re: Bouncy ride (99fbpem1)

or you could just get some real coilovers.
Old 09-29-2007, 12:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Bouncy ride (numberone)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by numberone &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Yea, Skunks are bouncy. I have Ground controls with Tokico Blues and the ride is nice. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Ha, I'm running Tokico lowering springs on the stock shock (at least I think it's the stock shock) and it's fine, not too bouncy, not too hard, works great.

Old 09-29-2007, 12:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Bouncy ride (Syndacate)

Tokico Illumina Adjustables work good

I'm running them on Eibach Sportlines, not ridiculously stiff and no bounciness
Old 09-29-2007, 01:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah, any good shock will take care of the bounciness, those skunks are that heavy of a spring.

if its just your DD go with some KYB's, it'll smooth it out.

if you plan on getting more aggressive like most i'll suggest koni's