Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

on board diagnostic doesnt work, help

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 10:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default on board diagnostic doesnt work, help

i got a eg hatch with a b18b just dropped in. i got the engine to start but for some reason when a step on the gas pedal the engine keeps cutting off and dies. my cel was on, but when i try to do a diagnostic[via reading from the cel,i dont have a scanner] i cant get any reading.

have anyone come across something like this before? is there a way i can fix this and read the code? any help will be appreciated. thanks!
Old 11-08-2008, 10:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: on board diagnostic doesnt work, help (mr. goodwrench)

what the hell an 05 that cant read the stickies at the top of the 92-00 forum???????? https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/1901557 holy crap its in big black letters right above your post!!!!!!
ps. i dont beleive your honda tech name after posting something like this
Old 11-08-2008, 11:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: on board diagnostic doesnt work, help (turbojdmhatch)

i KNOW how to pull a code. im NOT asking how to pull a code. im asking if anyone have come across where you cant pull the code for some reason. cause i tried pulling the code but for some reason the cel doesnt blink.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:30 AM
Seagull Management

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by mr. goodwrench
i got a eg hatch with a b18b just dropped in. i got the engine to start but for some reason when a step on the gas pedal the engine keeps cutting off and dies. my cel was on, but when i try to do a diagnostic[via reading from the cel,i dont have a scanner] i cant get any reading.

have anyone come across something like this before? is there a way i can fix this and read the code? any help will be appreciated. thanks!
Yeah, as a matter of fact I have. Same thing happened to me last winter. In my case it was a bad thermostat ground, the wires were half broken off where they were crimped into the ring terminal and evertime I'd try to take off the engine would rock and i'd loose my ground, shove clutch in and when the engine moved back the other way it ran fine. Everytime it started to stall the CEL would come on, same as it would if you stalled, it wasnt actually throwing a code.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: on board diagnostic doesnt work, help (94EG8)

my car was on neutral when i tried stepping on the gas to see if anything was wrong. and that was when i notice it. i tried in gears but the moment i put some load on it, it will die.

i did let it run on idle and it seems fine. except for my cel will come on. if i slowly load my pedal the car will rev up but not consistently. so i dont really know whats going on. if i can somehow get the reading on the cel. i think i'll find what's going on
Old 11-08-2008, 11:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

also my grounds are all in tact so dont really know whats going on