Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Bent trialing arm on disk swap, can I swap trialing arm with drum setup?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 10:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bent trialing arm on disk swap, can I swap trialing arm with drum setup?

I have a 2000 civic si that at one point in its history was stolen. It was put back together using a 97 civic hx. It had the interior, engine, trunk lid and rear suspension taken and the hx components reinstalled.
I recently bought a 2000 si rear disk brake setup from an H-T member and decided to finally install it over the weekend. After having the usually LCA bolts break, I finally got both sides on yesterday along with my koni\GC setup. We took the car off the jack stands and discovered that the passenger side camber was really bad. I measured the toe and it was also way out of whack.

The passenger side has a tilt\twist to it. I'd descibe it as if you pushed the tire in at 10 o'clock and pulled it out at 4 o'clock. I suspected that the right side trailing arm was bent. Today a reinstalled the original drum brake\trialing arm and set it back down. Everything looks square to the world again. So the disk brake trailing arm is definitely bent.

I'm thinking about swapping the disk brake hub and spindle with the drum brake trailing arm. Does anyone know what size the spindle nut on the back side of the trailing arm is? Also what do you guys think of my solution, will it work?

Old 07-17-2007, 12:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Bent trialing arm on disk swap, can I swap trialing arm with drum setup? (civic stud)

bump
Old 07-17-2007, 02:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Bent trialing arm on disk swap, can I swap trialing arm with drum setup? (civic stud)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civic stud &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Does anyone know what size the spindle nut on the back side of the trailing arm is?</TD></TR></TABLE>A 24mm or 15/16" Socket will fit. I am unsure as to the Thread Pitch or Shaft Size (you can always take the Spindle to a Hardware Store to confirm it).

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civic stud &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Also what do you guys think of my solution, will it work?</TD></TR></TABLE> You can do this swap from the Spindle outward.

Hope this helps...
JasonGhostz
Old 07-17-2007, 03:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Bent trialing arm on disk swap, can I swap trialing arm with drum setup? (JasonGhostz)

Thanks man, it is a 24mm and they are hella expensive. Napa charged me 12.50, but it was an impact socket. Now to get those fing torks out. Thanks also for the confirm on swapping spindles and out.